Tell Us What You're Streamin'

Streamers! Disney Plus is back with Episode 4 of your favorite shows. To talk about another streaming service, The Irishman is now on Netflix. Has anyone watched it yet? Is it any good? Give us your spoiler-free review! I’m also waiting on a Dark review. Let me know what you’re streamin this weekend and enjoy Black Friday and Cyber Monday!

1 Like

I guess it doesn’t count as streaming but I don’t get Netflix and picked up the DVD sets of both Stranger Things seasons. I just started season 2. Is bingeing close enough?

1 Like

That counts! It’s basically a thread of what have you watched lately and what are your thoughts on it. Stranger Things is a pretty good show in my opinion. 8/10 BOC’s for me!

2 Likes

Streamers! Happy Cyber Monday! I sat down and watched “The Irishman” last night on Netflix and it was FANTASTIC. A mob film featuring legends, Robert De Niro, Al Pacino and one of my favorite actors who came out of semi-retirement for this, Joe Pesci. It does a great job keeping a fantastic pace that has very little slow/dull moments, despite it’s 3 and a half hour run time. Very tense moments balance out some very good back and forth dialogue. It is very much worth a watch! Have you seen it? Let me know!

My Rating: 9/10 BOC’s

1 Like

Hey Stream Team! Yesterday, Star Wars Episode VIII: The Last Jedi was trending on social media because some of the cast was more or less hating on the previous director, Rian Johnson, and praising JJ Abrams for coming back to finish what he started with The Force Awakens. What was your thoughts on “The Last Jedi?” For me, I wasn’t the biggest fan of it. Too much comedy and it didn’t seem very Star Warsy.

Also, we’re one week away from the final Star Wars film in the current story!

1 Like

I feel like I need to rewatch it now. I only saw it the one time and now it’s kind of lost in the MCU blitz I did prior to End Game coming out.

I remember having that feeling with most of the newer stuff that it was almost “too kitchy”, including the Mandalorian. But then I remember some of the slapstick-y stuff in the original trilogy that I’d be mad if it weren’t included.

1 Like

I will be watching it again sometime in the next week as me and my gf have been watching in Chronological order (Ep. 1-9), and we have Return of the Jedi, Force Awakens and Last Jedi left before Rise of Skywalker next Saturday.

One scene that really bugged me was (VERY MINOR SPOILER ALERT!) ------------- Luke wiping the “dirt off his shoulders.” That wasn’t a thing yet in the Star Wars Galaxy as Jay Z wasn’t around “A Long Time Ago.”

But yeah, maybe a re-watch will be helpful, and it wasn’t all bad, but for me it was right there with Phantom Menace and Attack of the Clones in the bottom three of Star Wars movies.

• Do you like the CBS hit show Survivor?
  • Do you like Rednecks?
  • Do you like Beer?

Then YOU’RE GOING TO LOVE Redneck Island from CMT!

Yes, the show has long been cancelled, but if you have PlutoTV (don’t worry, everybody with an inet connection does) you can catch reruns!

It’s A LOT like Survivor…except it has Rednecks. And Beer. And Steve Austin hosts.

2 Likes
1 Like

Haha! I’m a big wrestling and Stone Cold fan so I gave Redneck Island a shot when it first came out. It wasn’t awful lol

1 Like

Streamers! I’ve found a new show that me and my girlfriend have almost binged through the first season, it’s “The Morning Show” on Apple TV Plus. Apple TV+ is relatively new and isn’t on all devices just yet, but it is on the Apple TV, all iOS devices and the updated Roku and Fire TV/Stick devices. Currently it’s $4.99 per month.

The Morning Show stars Jennifer Aniston, Steve Carrell and Reese Witherspoon and focuses on a work-place incident from the No. 1 morning news show in the country. There is a lot of drama and interwoven stories throughout, but also has good pacing for the hour-long episodes.

My Rating (which comes with a journalism background bias) : 8 out of 10 BOC’s

Have you guys seen “The Morning Show?”

1 Like

I’ve heard that it is a thinly veiled story line like the Matt what’s-his-face thing. I have it on my list, but I don’t have Apple TV. But I’ve read good things about it. I like all three of the actors you mentioned.

1 Like

Yes, it does have a similarity to the Matt Lauer situation. The story line though is more-so how everyone is affected by the work-place incident or reacts to it (trying to avoid spoilers). It’s definitely entertaining just for the star power though.

1 Like

Stream Team! I started “The Witcher” on Netflix this weekend and I’m hooked! Only watching it an episode at a time as I’m watching with the GF, but it’s pretty good so far. It’s like a mix of Narnia, Game of Thrones and Harry Potter. Anyone watch The Witcher yet? What are your spoiler free thoughts???

2 Likes

I’ve been hearing a lot about The Witcher and I guess I’ll have to add it to ever growing, not actually written down anywhere, list.

After finishing The Mandolorian and watching Making It during the holidays, the wife and I went back to Dexter. I’ve never seen the entire series and we had started it a while ago but then stopped. We’re on the Trinity Killer season and my wife is stoked.

2 Likes

The Witcher can be a little confusing at times and don’t expect any Emmy’s, but it’s enjoyable for what it is.

As for Dexter, I really liked the series. It was one of the top shows during its run so enjoy it and let me know your thoughts after you finish the series!

2 Likes

Binged both seasons of Fleabag on Amazon Prime over the last couple weeks (only 12, half-hour episodes in total.) Mrs. W and I both loved it. Unique look into mental health / early adulthood issues while having enough humor to keep it light enough not to drag you into the full depths of its topics.
4.5 :mag: out of 5

2 Likes

New year, New Stream.

Streamers, are there any shows or new seasons that you have (mentally) added to your “Watch” list that you always never have time for. Well, it’s a new decade so let’s make time for it!

For me, it’s mostly new seasons that I have a hard time clicking Watch on. For one, I’m good at binging, so by the time a new season comes out, I have a hard time remembering what happened. Here’s some of the shows that have come out with new seasons recently that I have yet to watch:

End of the F@#$ing World; Lost in Space; Goliath; You; Rick and Morty; Riverdale; Peaky Blinders…

So, after I finish the Witcher and Star Wars The Clone Wars, I’m gonna go back and watch the new seasons of these shows.

What shows or movies are you meaning to watch?

2 Likes

The list is never ending and with the winter break for current shows ending I’m going to fall even more behind. Who needs sleep?

Not I, said the blind man as he picked up his hammer and saw.

1 Like