green grotto, part IV

ugh not this dumb dance again

canā€™t find the squarryl thread soā€¦

2 Likes

Andā€¦ I keep waiting for the Green Threads to come backā€¦
WHERE ARE THEY???

editā€¦ Love that squarryl!
I was temped to just start another squarryl thread.

2 Likes

I saw some of them, but others never seemed to reappear :cry:

1 Like

You saw some of the old Green Posts???

need to go eat and run a few errands. hope some other greens stop in!

1 Like

oops. no, some of the old threads, not the old green threads, sorry.

I wish TT/woot had a way to at least link us to them, even if theyā€™re locked.

1 Like

Be careful out there today.
Too many idiots that think they have tractionā€¦

1 Like

1 Like

thanks! will do. glad to have the Subaru for the bad weather!

2 Likes

My Mother lived in Sun City for 5 or 6 yrs. Ouch. It was hot. Crap. Your life depends on the A/C working. Cooled to 85 at night. 0% humidity, sucking everything from me. The garage needed itā€™s own swamp cooler to keep stuff from melting. Needless to say, we visited infrequently in the summer. Winter there was nice!
Weā€™d see lots of lizards, but few other bugs. I suppose if I used a blacklight, Iā€™d be able to find a scorpion, but there didnā€™t seem to be many.

2 Likes

https://giphy.com/gifs/casumo-l46CdUTy21h8wwrAs

1 Like

Been at work since 6:30AM EST

Sunny with snow covered ground. No issues getting into work like I did getting home. Lots of cars that were abandoned on the side of the road from yesterday though. Almost felt a little post-apocalyptic on the drive in with no one else on the road and the sun not out yet.

Happy FRIDAY!

3 Likes

Today has been one big CLUSTER so far. What a waste of my time.

Up at 5:00 AM, drove on the icy roads to work, limbs down everywhere, power outages in many areas, pickup trucks love to tailgate, no ice melt has been put down on the stairs or front walk. GRRR.

Booted up the computer only to find out I could not connect to the network. An hour lost while they reboot the server. Work furiously to catch up. (Missed a whole day yesterday and am on vacation next week - how far behind can I possibly get? HAHA!) Iā€™m never going to catch up.

After 1 hour of work, the power goes out for 45 seconds. Comes back on about half way - like half the hallway lights are on, other half off. Computers will not come back to life, not even a little bit. We are dead in the water.

The power company doesnā€™t know when we might get back up, as we are on the bottom of the list of 30,000 residents out of power. The IT dept says even when we do get power back, they are not sure our computers will work Monday morning. Shop machinery may be fried also, donā€™t know yet.

We decide to say ā€œF this weekā€ and leave. I had an oil change appt for the afternoon, but thought maybe they could work me in this morning. Drive 1/2 hour to the dealership. (I tried to call them, but it went to voice mail - maybe that should have been a clue.) Traffic lights out at intermittent locations along the way. As I pull into the parking lot, MamaChev calls to say ā€œthe dealership left a message that they are closed due to a power outage today.ā€ DOH!

Turn around to drive back across town, heading home. Traffic is awful! What is wrong with you people? You couldnā€™t get out for one day and now everybody has to go somewhere right now? Oh yeah, I am the only person in town who did not get bread and milk before the storm. Find a store with power and they have about 3 loaves of bread left.

EDIT: I was up at 3:30 AM with a screaming Leak Frog in the basement, so the day was off to a wonderful start. No big problem, just a little leak from the furnace humidifier, thank goodness!

Stick a fork in me, Iā€™m DONE. Iā€™m on vacation. Somebody fetch me a drink.

5 Likes

Ugh what a bad day. Try to enjoy your time off and not think about the work waiting for you. Thatā€™s future @hot72chevā€™s problemā€¦

1 Like

Weā€™ve got the summertime survival kit: new AC units and a swimming pool :wink: It does get boring though.
Winter is so great. Amazing hiking and dining outside are my favorites. The kids love getting pulled around in the wagon and there are all kinds of outdoor events this time of year.

2 Likes

c1a1cc3a62a66a9f58ce085d6480b0b8

7 Likes