Tenergy 9W LED (60W Equivalent) A19 Bulbs, 32-Pack

Tenergy 9W LED (60W Equivalent) A19 Bulbs, 32-Pack

CRI of only 80… meh. No thanks.

Non-dimmable, just so you know.

1 Like

Any idea what country these were made?

I am always seeing the 60W equivilant and the 100W equivilant but rarely if ever a 75W equiv deal.
My eyes are dimmer and 60 is not enough, but 100 is over kill.

If you guessed China, you were correct.

Where do you see that?

The country of origin (China) can be seen in the pic with the open box, under the barcode.

This new chat makes it difficult to see threads. @roadijeff my question “Where do you see that?” was in response to the comment “CRI of only 80… meh. No thanks.” by @lnxpro

Heh. I got it but yeah, it takes a bit of getting used to. Your post says who you responded to in the corner.

Can these be used in enclosed fixtures?

Package says not to use in fully enclosed lamps, so no. Sorry.

Now this is just too weird… In an enclosed fixture where heat is the limiting factor, you can’t use this LED bulb that only consumes 9 watts and is cool enough to touch, but you can use one or two 60 watt incandescent bulbs that will get hot enough to give you serious burns after only a momentary touch.

Anyone else see the logic in this?

I don’t know what “CRI” means, but I have found that I can see much better when I replace my soft white bulbs (2500-3000K) with daylight bulbs (5000-6500k) with the same lumens and power consumption.

CRI = Color Rating Index. Typically you want 94 or higher
Incandescent bulbs are CRI 100.
The higher the number, the more accurate the light is.
Even if you replace 2500-3000k to 5000 or 6500 everything will have a hint of blue.

P.S. I got the CRI info from the manufacturer’s website.

In the case of the incandescents, they don’t care how hot they get but your house will burn down if you create too much heat in the fixture - so fixtures have a rating based on the heat produced by incandescents.

In the case of LEDs, they will never get hot enough to burn down your house - but they don’t like to get hot. In addition to heat reducing the life of the LEDs, it is hell on the components inside the bulb to convert and reduce the high AC voltage (especially electrolytic capacitors which dry out). The enclosure-rated bulbs are going to have more expensive components rated to a higher temperature and better heat sinking.