Tenergy Solis Digital Meat Thermometer

Bought one of these the last time around. VERY happy with it. ONLY issue is that it is Bluetooth. The distance though not bad, isn’t that great either. I’m about 40’ away from my smoker when in my home office, and I lose signal. If I’m on my back deck, I’ll lose signal (again, about 40 to 50 feet away. I’d rather have a Wi-Fi version.

I use this for my smoker, I have dedicated one of the 6 probes for my smoker temp, and set the alarm to know if my smoker is getting too hot/too cold, as well as meat temps for pork butt, chicken, turkey, beef ribs, brisket, and such. Pork ribs I don’t both (going to be in there for 4 to 6 hours, it’s cooked)…LOL

Is this the FT01 model?

https://www.tenergylife.com/59132

Bluetooth in general is only designed for 10m (33’) range, so at 40’, signal loss should be expected.

Accuracy; the dollar store metal ones may not have it. In my case, it’s more not being chained to the food until it’s done. I use it in my air fryer or toaster oven with larger items, things that don’t need attention until they’re finished, so I can wander off tor the hour and a half a baked potato or the three hours a turkey breast takes to cook and not have to keep going to look. My roommate uses it, as so many others have mentioned, for grilling. He was good at it to begin with (better than I’ve ever been) but better tools make better jobs.

In addition, with the poke type thermometers, you’re both riddling your food with holes and letting the juices out every time you stick the thing in, and lowering the grill or oven’s temperature every time you open the door, which means it’s going to take longer to cook. A instant read thermometer is better than no thermometer at all, but this makes your life a lot easier.

1 Like

Bring it! BYOM

6 probes!
You could take the temperature of 3 different people both Orally and the other way all at the same time

3 Likes

I don’t cook six things at a time very often, but could this be useful for something else, like monitoring the temperature of 6 components in a computer system under test?