Tess Napa Valley Red Wine Blend (5)

Yes, very similar to our Provence blend! Tess has more red characteristics and richer mouthfeel. The Tess blend is comprised of 7 varietals, 85% red and 15% white. While our Provence is a blend of 5 varietals both red and white as well and slightly lighter in style.

It’s really the sister blend of our Provence! Bright, refreshing and surprisingly rich!

Fellow wooters, if this wine is anything like the Peju Provence Blend, I HIGHLY suggest you purchase.

Here’s my experience with Peju wine, and particularly the Provence Blend:

My cousin bought a house and a 27 acre vineyard in Napa some 20 years ago. She grows grapes, mostly to sell to other wineries. She knows most all of the Winerys and Vineyards in Napa, and is very selective about what she drinks. A few years back she came to my house for dinner, and brought along several bottles of Peju Wine. I, being mostly a red wine drinker, loved all of the Peju reds. When my cousin left, she forgot a bottle of Provence that she’d placed in my fridge. I watched that bottle sit there for over 6 months, afraid of trying a bottle of wine that was mixed red and white. Finally I decided to try it, thinking that I’d not like it and would end up pouring it down the drain.

Boy was I mistaken!!! The Provence (A proprietary red and white blend of finished Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot and Zinfandel with Chardonnay and French Colombard) was fantastic! I ended up getting on Peju’s mailing list, and buying several bottles of their wines.

As far as the taste of the wine, it is unlike most anything I’ve ever had. I’m not even going to try to describe (I couldn’t do it justice). Instead I’m ordering at least 2 sets of 5. I’ve drank enough of Lisa Peju’s wines to know that whatever she is making, I’m buying.

I expect this to be a great summer sipper that goes very well with food.

First Sucker:
DoobieWah

Last Wooter to Woot:
emccarl

Wow! Thank you for the kind words. Could not have said it better myself!

To add onto describing the wine, the best way I found to describe it is, drinks like a white yet has the complexity and texture on the back end and finish of a red wine. It is a blend of Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot, Zinfandel, Cabernet Franc, Chardonnay, Sauvignon Blanc and Petit Verdot. Slightly different composition from Provance, yet still the same great wine our guests and Peju fans love to open especially on summer days, weekend get-togethers and brunches!

Info post:
All tasting notes for this wine have been cross posted into CT under user name wine.woot_taster. User names have been removed to protect the guilty. PM me if you want your tasting note removed or user name added back.

Thanks and back to the wineing.