Tessa Marie Sangiovese Blend (3)

Tessa Marie Cal-Italian Sangiovese Blend 3-Pack
$66.99 $̶1̶2̶1̶.̶0̶0̶ 45% off List Price
2007 Tessa Marie Coquette
CT link above

Winery website

I’m interested anyone taste this?

This is certainly a few bucks cheaper than Wine Spies who had it 10/12/2012 for $23.99 a bottle. Any rats out there on this one? It’s tweaking my interest!

How do you figure “a few bucks cheaper”? With $5 shipping this offer is also $24/bottle, and that doesn’t include the tax that many have to pay.

This has my interest as well (even at $24 each), but I don’t see how it is a better deal.

I would also like to see some tasting notes.

I too would love to hear from someone at the winery or better, someone who has had this.

I can buy some superb chianti classico or even Vino Nobile at this price point.

Will need some convincing…

Quality review at http://whatsworthdrinking.com/2011/10/04/post-175-tasting-a-fantasy-with-tessa-marie-wines/

Tessa Marie 2007 Santa Barbara County Sangiovese
Tessa Marie’s take on Italy’s most planted varietal, this Sangiovese is a blend of fruit from two vineyards in the Santa Ynez Valley. 90% of the fruit comes from Honea Vineyard, a family owned and operated property devoted entirely to Italian varietals (and a little Merlot). The remaining 10% comes from Camp 4. To develop complexity, this wine was aged 18 months in French oak barrels.

An intriguing aroma of chocolate, black pepper, and a faint hint of bacon introduce this wine. Vanilla and dark cherries mix with caramel and crème de violet, creating a tantalizing fragrance.

Ripe and rich with dark cherries and berries, the palate is beautifully tempered by faint, powdery tannins and an earthiness reminiscent of suede and vineyard dust. This wine’s juicy acidity, fresh fruitiness, and subtle terroir elements come together to create a truthful expression of the varietal and a very enjoyable pour.

Worth Trying. 91 points.

Tessa Marie Parker is Fess Parker’s grand-daughter.

I’ll throw my voice into this din…hoping for some tasting notes.

This woot offer is for the Coquette blend. Fortunately, it is reviewed at the same link (Wine #3), and given the same score. Also, according to their website, http://www.tessamariewines.com/product/2007-Coquette, Wine Enthusiast gave this a 90.


Can anyone explain to me why WOOT no longer ships to OH? I’ve looked at the ship compliant blog and the only entries this year relate to updated sales tax rates. As far as I know no laws have changed.

I have! More of a fuller bodied red. Very cal-Italian. Ever had a Sangio/Syrah blend? Very tasty to say the least.

Thanks for jumping in with us. Can you tell us who you are? Your favorite color? Pets? Social security number?

How can I help? Tessa Marie here… :slight_smile:

No rodent sightings for this offer. I’ve asked the winery to chime in.

overall, very high vineyard pedigree, great care and investment in making the wine. Great price for this wine, IMHO.

edit: welcome Tessa Marie !

My name is Tessa and I am the winemaker for Tessa Marie Wines or in other words 100% responsible for the Coquette ha!


Very good pedigree indeed! We pride ourselves on our vineyards sources here in the Santa Ynez Valley. I am a small producer so playing around with different sources makes it more exciting. After all, it all starts in the vineyard! New AVAs are being created as we speak.

There are… issues. This thread might help.

…I don’t see any bottles, otherwise I would! (I do it for you… not me).