Tetra Napa Valley Red Wine - Two Pack

I can look at the fruit bomb numbers and know I’m not going to like the '06. I might be willing to try the '07 IF there were a rat or 2 and/or we had some knowledgable & meaningful (aka know the numbers/details) interaction from the winery.

If anybody in NoVa/DC is loving their FBs and wants to sell me 1 of their '07s, PM me

Not to worry. They used a “stunt double” for the spillage (cooking wine). No one would waste the good juice.

Approves

http://www.weddingandsongs.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/01/first-wedding-dance-songs.jpg

As if he has no control over his facial features? I’m pretty neutral of GV, but I do think his reviews are a “shtick” and I’d be very surprised if they weren’t pretasted (except with very old wines where he may not have the quantity) and ‘rehearsed’ at least in his mind if not actually.

What a lovely turn of phrase! That goes into the daybook for future use.

It says so much in five words, and you could drop it to four words by changing “at” for a “-” or a “;”. Could this be the start of a new 8 word theory in the wine world?

For what it’s worth:
Over the years I have made some wine purchases from Woot and I have never been disappointed. I read many of these postings each time there is an intriguing offer and they usually help me determine whether or not I make a purchase. I also check out Wine Spectator for possible reviews. However, I rarely see reference to Wine Spectator reviews in these postings. I am not a wine connoisseur, but I do enjoy good wines especially with steak. The Corison, Juslyn and Bialla are all excellent wines which I purchased here. WS has only 1 review for Tetra, the ’06. WS rated the wine an 83. I have found that a $100 bottle rated 83 on WS is much better than a $25 bottle rated 90. With that in mind the Bialla was rated 92 on WS. Bottom line, I’m up in the air on this one.

The '06 Tetra had this review on WS:
“Intense and full-bodied, with rustic, chunky dried currant, underbrush, tobacco and black licorice flavors, turning austere and ending with very dried out tannins and a mossy edge. Needs time. Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot, Petit Verdot and Cabernet Franc. Best from 2010 through 2016. 297 cases made.”

As we saw on Sunday, you can hold the last notes, but you still have to know how to get there!

Z

I tasted one of these (not sure of the vintage) in napa last month thanks to xppinotguy. I had a good offer of something like $80/bottle.

It was very drinkable, but I just couldn’t pull the trigger at that price point. If I wasn’t on my SI&SWMBOWBM&R, I’d probably go for 2 as it has everything you’d expect from a $60ish bottle. Sorry that I didn’t take notes, I was having too much fun. :wink:

I could remember the same thing being said about the Juslyn pack, +40 second finish. I can also remember not being impressed, Im also wondering why a wine this expensive would be big, rather than complex and balanced? Is there something I am missing here?

Probably not. I’d be curious to taste this for the sake of science (if not my liver – well, one taster’s swish and spit won’t do much damage), but not $135 curious, especially after a “3 Corison” Tuesday. I think it would take more Corison, Atlas Peak or perhaps some nice immediately drinkable Wellington Zinfandel to open my wallet for the rest of the week.

Good Morning Wooters,

C’est Moi, xpPinotGuY, GM of Expression and TETRA. It is not that I am up early, actually I am in FL this week working with our national sales compmany, The Sorting Table. These guys are great (and a little benefit is that they are also are importers for Dujac and Zind Humbrecht–to name a few–and I get to buy these wines at import prices…) One thing any wine lover loves—is getting a deal on expensive wine!

That brings me to this black tie offer: The guYs at Woot have been very happy with our pinot and convinced me to do ONE WOOT for our TETRA. We have a mailing list for this wine and limited inventory. You may see retailers advertise they have it to sell, but they only have ‘virtual inventory’. They merely put their distributors price book online and try to order it after you order from them…thats when they find out they cant get any.

I am happy to get feedback from this group and excited to offer TETRA to it. Consistently, this group has a higher level of discussion around wines (and more fun) than just about any other group I have ever encountered.

So, Mr. Checkov, lets set Warp 3 to Gamma Quadrant, and get this Woot started, and for Pete’s sake, please avoid the Romulan Neutral Zone…

xpPinotGuY

BTW,

We have to send two bottles to WOOT for them to take a picture of. WTF? I didnt know they would pour it on the table!

What a waste!

Hogfatt,

I am happy you had a good time in Napa tasting with us! Casey in the tasting room had a fun time with your group! Though she did say we were missing a few corkscrews after you left…j/k.

Live Long and Prosper (through PinoT),

xpPinotGuY

Any relations between the 2 wineries (ownership)?

Yes, Both owned by Bill Hill and Di**ck Wollack and managed by a struggling star trek fan…

xpPinotGuY

I love the Woot Auto-censor…Boghog!!!

What does SIWBM stand for?

“self imposed wine buying moratorium”…

Self Imposed Wine Buying Moratorium

SIWBM= self imposed wine buying moratorium