Teva Forge Pro Mid Waterproof Hikers

Southern California native transplanted to PA here…

So. Winter boots. But: would it be stupid to buy them for all purpose/possibly non-winter hiking?

What’s the return policy if these don’t fit?

I think they only come in pairs of two.

Would you buy a winter coat and then wear it on a cool summer night? These are insulated and made to keep your feet warm, so unless you cut out the insulation they aren’t all purpose, but WINTER BOOTS.

Fall or Spring? Sure. Summer? I guess that would depend on where you live, your socks, and your blood circulation. :slight_smile:

I’d say that’s a matter of how hot your feet get. I had a pair of thinsulate LeHigh steel toe work boots that I wore almost year round while working. They were only uncomfortable in the hottest months (July & August) due to the thinsulate. Just wish these were high tops instead of mid height…

The description mentions: “Hypergrip® Ice Lock™ rubber on the sole has fiberglass-infused pods that grip to slick surfaces”

Does anyone know if these boots can be worn inside without the “fiberglass infused pods” that “grip” ice causing damage to floor surfaces (such as wood)? Not sure I understand how you would get the benefit on ice without something rough on the bottom which could scratch/hurt wood and carpet surfaces. I would hate to have a boot where I could only put it on outside the door and not wear it in/out of places.

Heavens no, they won’t harm your floors. The fiberglass-infused pods are actually smooth to the touch. How do they work then, you say? Think of it like this - you can get more traction on ice in wool socks than you can in a running shoe b/c of the individual fibers in the wool sock “grabbing” the ice. Same for the fiberglass fibers in the pods. They’ll “grab” the ice better than rubber.

Return policy:
Like a regular shoe store return policy!
Try them on in the house WITHOUT
wearing them outside to scuff them up anywhere on the shoe, even the bottom-sole.
They must be as NEW condition to be able to sell them again.
Return Payment may take a few weeks!!