Teva Men's Mush Sandals

Hehe, that’s exactly how I was pronouncing the word in my mind too (as opposed to the one that would describe bad oatmeal) XD

So, what is Brick Sulphur Green? Don’t see a picture of the green sandals, unless yellow is the new green!

I still say foul TT. Even on the Teva site they have the exact same specs for the originals and the II’s. The change in name is just a sales gimmick that buying from a Site like Woot is supposed to avoid. Another reason for the foul is that I have missed a couple of the wootoff plus items because of selling out quickly, so jumped on the Teva II’s and bought two pair so I wouldn’t miss out. If Woot is going to start playing games like wally world and changing the sale price every other day why bother coming here?

How do these compare to Rainbows in comfort and durability. I seriously am in love with my pair of Rainbows, but they are super expensive (which is understandable since they are leather). It took a few weeks to break them in, but now that I have, they fit to the shape of my feet :]

This goes against my regular size. Now I’m nervous to order. Oh well, been trying to get away from ordering things on the new crappy woot anyway.

I bought a pair of rainbows a few years back. I knew they had to be broken in and have a chance to mold to your feet. In fact, I think I read something about getting them wet, then wearing them awhile. After 6+ months of half-use (split duty with a different pair), I really wasn’t happy with them. They simply weren’t all the comfortable. I could obviously see my foot and toe impressions on the sandal and the thong had heavy wear on it. They were as “broken in” as they were getting. Not happy with them. So I bought a generic college affiliated pair from WalMart for $5. INSTANTLY awesome. SUPER soft. Not real durable, but it’s been 5-6 months and I’m still loving them.

Looking for a replacement here today. What’s the top foam like here? Soft cushion with obvious “give” in it? Or more supportive?

Hey yeah. What’s up with that?

Apples and Oranges…assuming you like both. The Teva’s are more comfortable than Rainbow’s in the beginning, but after some wear, they compress(4-6 months of moderate wearing…wear em everyday it’ll be quicker) and the Rainbows take the lead in comfort. As someone above said, if you must wear flip flops in the rain, Rainbows win cause the Teva’s get slicker than baby snot. I rarely keep more than one pair of flip flops around, and after going through a pair or two of Teva’s a year for 5-6 years, I picked up some Rainbows that are just finishing year 2 in service(Not gonna last to year 3, soles are wearing thin and they are getting pretty darn compressed under the leather).

I can’t wear flip flops. I always tend to curl my toes in an attempt to make sure they don’t somehow fly off. Not sure, but I must have had some flip-flop-fly-off incident as a child.

Huh, looks like the green got a bit washed out in our photos.

Here they are on the Teva site. It’s still not that green, in my opinion.

I’ve had several pairs of mush flops and they are not the most comfortable or the most durable but they are comfy enough and for this price it’s a no-brainer though I have found them plenty of times for this price from Ross and Marshalls.

I say they’re not the most comfortable because after a short amount of time the footbed compresses more than comparable sandals such as Flojos or the Reefs that have a similar foot bed. Therefore they are not nearly as mushy after a week or two. They also haven’t lasted as long for me as Reef or Flojo.

Again though they are worth $10 and they’re definitely better than, say, Old Navy sandals.

Same here kmeltzer, I mean is it a magical thing or something? I gotta have a strap, rope, ducktape or something behind the heel…otherwise “IT’S UP! UP! UP!..AND IT’S GOOOOOD!!!” Forget the flipflops I’ve ready for college flipflopball!!!

Drop it, dude. They are different models. You bought the newer version for just a little bit more. Jeez.

For real. Bashing Woot for offering two similar models of sandals. :rolleyes:

Their chart says I wear an 8.5? Any other flip-flop/sandal and I wear a 10 or 11. My shoe size is usually 10.5. So based off of your post, I should probably try 10 and hope for the best.

So, I’m on a waiting list, but my size (7) and color (blue) are still showing available on the main page… curiouser and curiouser.

sniff sniff out of stock for people with big feet…

Size 15 sells out fastest online and isn’t even available in stores… we’re the forgotten and neglected!

But on a high note I can reach the top shelf without a step ladder! Take that small-footed short people!

*edit - there are size 15 in the sport woot plus section. but they’re u-g-l-y

Bought one pair!
Just got my pair of Teva Churns, and boy do I like em, heard great things about these so I figured I’d try them out.

Awesome! We look forward to seeing the gear in action! :slight_smile:

I wear an 11 and with flip flops I always go one size up because you have to remember that your foot is going to slide back and forth a little when wearing them and the extra size helps keep your foot from touching the ground.