Teva Men's Raith Storm Waterproof Hikers

What is Woot’s policy on returns because of not fitting ? Who pays shipping ?

Very tempted but looks like no 11.5 so I’m out of luck. Guess it’s better to try on a pair before I buy anyway.

I need a 10.5

Are there are any in there Woot???

Cant anyone manage to squeeze one out of the warehouse?

Thanks

Unfortunate that the size 13 is already sold out, it had only been a few hours. Shame, I was really pleased with the reviews for this one.

Video of the shoes. Looks good.

I need wide also. Have tried to fool myself by going a half size larger, no luck. I end up buying New Balance anymore, can’t find wide with many brands, especially in stores.

I have two pair of Teva’s and have noticed they are slightly wider than most other shoes. I prefer wide when I buy shoes which is why I always buy Teva…

I take it back, I’m thinking of Keen…my bad

These are not waterproof. Mine arrived and failed in tall wet grass. Why??? What is the point???

Spray them with WD-40 and they will be waterproof. No kidding.

Any women out there try these? I have a wider foot and usually have good luck buying mens’ shoes. But it has been my experience that boots tend to run a bit narrower than shoes.

When I worked in a shoe store and drag queens were looking for women’s shoes, they found there was a two-size difference. The men’s 7.5 should work for you…

Shoe looks fine, but that guys legs, on the other hand . . .

I usually wear a 8.5, and purchased a TEVA boot like this recently in an earlier W!off. It feels like a 7.5! The other Teva products I’ve gotten have fit just right! My guess is that this lot of this product got put into deep discounts because of sizing issues, but it would be nice if Woot would tell their customers before the sale - it’s no secret to them.

$49.99 today
Not on the product website, but I was debating whether 200 g of thinsulate would hold up in the winter. When I looked at Teva’s selection of men’s winter boots:

they all had 200 g. On the other hand, when I went to 3M:

I’m not sure how much is enough:
“200 grams* for cool conditions or high activity levels – Recommended for work boots‚ hiking boots‚ rubber bottom boots‚ hunting boots‚ snowboard boots‚ alpine ski boots‚ or athletic winter boots.
400 grams* for cold conditions or moderate activity levels – Recommended for rubber bottom boots‚ hiking boots‚ PAC boots‚ hunting boots‚ or work boots.
600 grams* for very cold conditions – Recommended for hiking boots‚ work boots‚ hunting boots‚ or PAC boots.
800 grams* for extremely cold conditions with light activity levels – Recommended for hunting boots‚ PAC boots‚ or work boots.
1‚000+ grams* for extremely cold conditions with light to minimal activity level – Recommended for unique applications requiring additional insulation.”
Any thoughts from the peanut gallery? I typically take winter day hikes, not over rough terrain typically. Better yet, can you wear these on hard pavement without wearing the soles down too quickly in the winter?

Good shoes, but how are you supposed to try them on over the Internet?

Go to a brick and mortar store? No - if you use a store to evaluate a product you should be buying there.

Personally, I may not buy at a brick and mortar store, but I never go with the intent of just getting info. I’m thinking there’s a realistic chance I’ll buy in the store if I go in–i.e., if it’s a little more expensive, I’ll buy on the spot–the time spent there is worth the extra cost. The other thought would be if you buy “big”, maybe you could wear an extra pair of socks to make up for it?

Nevermind answering my question about returns. I did want to order a pair but my size is no longer available.

bluemaple wrote:

@whatsamattaU, understood, but I’ve regretted that path in the past. Especially when I’m sizing for walking/running/tennis I want the shoe to fit properly for that purpose. Adding extra socks is a bandaid and recipe for problems later.

Specifically to hiking, a very thin pair of socks followed by thicker socks does make sense - you want any slippage between the shoe and your foot to be between the socks, not your skin and the socks. Edit: but that combo needs to be sized properly to work.

Gotcha, the thin-thick sock model is what I was thinking about. I’ve never bought shoes over the internet either. I was thinking that if I were to do this, I’d rather try to find the exact model I had before if it was still sold.

f*ck…sold out… dammit