TEZL 4-in-1 Charging Station and Sanitation Box

TEZL 4-in-1 Charging Station and Sanitation Box

1 Like

Seems like a great product. I have an Apple Watch, AirPods Pro and iPhone 11 so this is right up my alley. Only thing is the reviews are not for this product.

[MOD: we’re working on fixing the reviews link]

1 Like

The Chinese sellers are renowned for this. They change the name of their seller account and somehow link reviews to other products that are favorable so it appears that the rating is high. I’ve been reporting this to Amazon when I see it. The Chinese are trying to dump a lot of cheap crap here.

5 Likes

Oh wow that sucks! I hope this thing actually works correctly then.

1 Like

Dear Woot,
Why are all the reviews for this charging and sanitation box talking about an erasable notebook?
Hopefully this is an honest mistake and not a continuation of the known scams, as explained above by TiboG.

3 Likes

I can see why they don’t want to link to the real product on Amazon, as this company does not seem to sell this product on Amazon. You can find a similar product (with the same pictures) under the name “Lopnord” with a few middling reviews:

https://www.amazon.com/Wireless-Charging-Smartphone-Multi-Function-Compatible/product-reviews/B087WW73F2/ref=cm_cr_dp_d_show_all_btm?ie=UTF8&reviewerType=all_reviews

The main complaint being this expensive item does not come with a 9V power supply:

“While packaged very nicely (and expensively), two things struck me - one, the instructions call for a 9V adapter, but there is NO power unit supplied - for $70 I would expect a power unit. The cord supplied is a USB to modern connector where typically a USB supplies 5-volts, not 9. On the Amazon listing there is NO 9-volt power supply offered. The UV light will light with the supplied cord and any USB power supply that is properly rated - but no charging will occur. The failure to list this short-coming is not good. Also the process to open is rather poorly designed.”

4 Likes

So, “doesn’t function out of the box” without additional parts is a fairly serious drawback. Hopefully Woot will investigate and comment. (?)

2 Likes

Looking at the “what’s included”, it seems pretty clear you would need to provide your own 9V USB-C power adapter if you were to purchase this and wanted to get wireless charging. They can be found on Amazon for $10-$15.

1 Like

Or just buy this one on Amazon as it looks the same and seems to come with the power adapter and has reviews that actually go with the product: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07QP65QPW/ref=cm_sw_r_sms_api_fab_XBDBFbS61VJCY

Want something like this but reviews are for a different product, and after reading the comments here, I will not be purchasing, too risky.

1 Like

Looked at hat listing. It also said power adapter not included.
QC2.0/3.0 adapter is required for 10w fast charging. When sanitizer and wireless charger works simultaneous it also needs QC2.0/3.0 adapter (Charger NOT Included)

1 Like

Big drawback is only 1 light. Real phonesoap boxes have a light above and below your items to clean both sides. And are they actual germ killing UV or just UV Colored LEDs that will do nothing.

2 Likes

RE: AMAZON REVIEWS

Sorry about linking to the wrong reviews. We have the wrong ASIN (SKU) listed. We’re working to get it removed but it’s difficult when the sale is live. This product by this manufacturer is not on Amazon.

We’ll get it changed as soon as we can.

Adapter

Confirmed that the USB cable is included to power the light. The 9V adapter is not included.

Isn’t the idea to use the charger that came with your device? It sounds like they do not want to be held responsible for damaging devices by providing an unapproved generic power adapter. Then again they are taking a risk including wireless charging pads without any sort of standard associated (eg. doesn’t say Qi anywhere).

The whole charging function looks to be a complete unknown. Caveat emptor.

Specs say “Input: 5v/2A;9V/2A”, which suggests that a 5v (USB-A, plus a USB-A-USB-C cable) would work with a legacy charger. Using a multi-voltage USB-C charger to provide 9v is probably needed for fast charging. If a customer already has a Qi charger, then they likely already have the desired power supply.

Everything coming with those USB chargers is becoming a major waste problem and a complaint, according to eco-people. And Qi chargers, charging cables etc. don’t include them either. Personally, I’m on the hunt for better ac adapters - higher wattage, multi ports, multi functions, so I’m just as happy they don’t include some single-use piece of junk…

The reviews are from a different product. I do not see that particular model on Amazon. There are manysimilar products, but miserly bad reviews.

Not sure I’d be trusting it. Good luck finding out if the lite is a TRUE UV-C light operating in the correct frequency range. Red flag AFAIK. I’ve build a couple of UV-C boxes with REAL UVC light. I even tested these lights doing the “banana test”. I got one here off woot, a 360 light that all but fried the poor banana. Well, it took a couple of days for it to show the end result but 30 minutes using this light to test it on a room in the house (old teen’s room, who is away in college. Room smelled like, well, a teenager) and it all but FRIED all the stink’s. Not 100% but after a 2nd run, can’t tell he was ever there LOL.

So, I did a fast search on this device. Can’t find anything, so, if it’s not listed, don’t trust it to kill any virus much less bacteria.

1 Like