Thanksgiving Coffee Company - Five Pack

Hmmmm…does Java want java? Java must sleep on it. But Java wouldn’t need sleep if Java had java. Java just pawn in game of life.

Ah good, I was afraid I was going to have to spent money here.

DON’T GIVE COFFEE TO TURKEYS AS IT MAKES THEM MORE DEVIOUS.

Maybe you shouldn’t be using distilled water in the first place… ever taken a sip of it? then go buy some mineral water and drink your maxwell house before you realize what coffee is supposed to taste like

I lived in Northern California for quite a while, not too far from the Thanksgiving Coffee Co company. Fairly popular company.

They are a good company, and at this price ($8/bag) it is quite a fair price.

I vouch that this is not just some name and fancy packaging company. They make good coffee, and are real people.

Here is a good company history page - tons of info - http://www.thanksgivingcoffee.com/timeline

I received a bag with the wine that I labratted this week. I got the french roast. And while I amusually not a fan of a really dark roast, I can say I was surprised that I really liked it. And it smelled great.

Compared to the mail order coffee bahwm and I drink on a regular basis, and really enjoy, this is definitely a good price. I also like the idea of buying fair trade products.

For those who can’t manage the weekend without a wine fix, there’s the 50% off sale on selected wines at Scott Harvey on Black Friday.

Happy Thanksgicing to all. This is the one holiday that we have a full house - all beds are full and by the end of the day so are the stomachs. We cook for four days for this day.

I have a lot to be thankful for, a day of laughter and love brought where all ill feelings are forgotten on this one great day.

Once again, Happy thanksgiving to all.

How good is this deal?

These normally run $10 - $12.50 a piece (before shipping) – quite a savings offered here. Click the link above for more details.

And since no one has posted it yet, here is a link to the (winery?) website: http://www.thanksgivingcoffee.com/. And I thought this week’s offer was called “Thanksgiving” because of some holiday!

BJ’s has coffee from cheep to $25 for 2# of pure Kona, which is very good. I gots to pay more for non-run-of-the-mill coffee. What’s a good cuppa jo worth? At 90 (6oz) cups per # for $10.75 that’s 22 cents/mug, about 1/5 the price of deli slop.
This looks like a great Christmas gift variety pack. I’m in for 3.

Blazingly good comment, Javadrinker!

Unless we’re making espresso, we rarely (i.e. only when there’s no alternative) drink dark roast coffee – and what people call ‘medium roast’ these days is usually pretty dark. The darker beans are roasted, the easier it is to substitute inferior quality beans. Everyone’s taste is different in coffee, as in wine. We have generally not liked South American and Central American coffees as well as Caribbean (esp. Jamaican), Hawaiian, Kenyan, Indonesian and Arabian coffees.

We used to drink Jamaica Blue Mountain from Gillies in New York exclusively http://www.gilliescoffee.com/retail/index.php?main_page=pubs_product_book_info&cPath=4&products_id=5, but a few years ago they changed the roast from ‘commercial’ to what they now call “Dark II”. I wasn’t a large enough customer to get them to roast it the way they had for almost 100 years. I did discuss it with the owner at length. He personally preferred the ‘commercial’ roast as well, but said the market had changed and virtually all of the demand was for a darker (but not very dark) roast. He said there were only a few of us wholesale customers who still wanted the old roast. What used to be called a ‘commercial’ roast, and is now called a ‘light’ roast.

We now find Costco’s well-priced Green Mountain original blend a good compromise of quality and price for everyday drinking, with Jamaica Blue Mountain for special occasions. Green Mountain’s original blend a “light” roast.

The best Viennese style coffee I’ve had in the US came from a small commercial roaster in San Francisco, Capricorn Coffee. Austrian friends to whom we have served it said it was as close to a “Kleine Mocha” style as they have had outside of Vienna. I haven’t ordered any in a couple of years, but on their website it’s $7.75/lb. CAPRICORN COFFEES - Specialty Blend Coffees.

If I recall correctly, Capricorn’s Mocha Java was very good as well. When I lived in California, we drank that and the Viennese regularly, with their Jamaica Blue Mountain for special occasions. It looks like they don’t carry JBM anymore.

For espresso, surprise! After years of trying different beans by different roasters, we settled on Illy.

$12/pound, I sure do miss blacksaks. I would rather support our local establishments for a very similar price. Sorry woot, not a great value. I know it is cheaper than the normally charge, but still not a deal compared to other similar coffees.

Happy Thanksgiving, I hope everyone has a good and safe Holiday!

My Laura Zahtila Cab arrived yesterday too - Taking some for the festivities today.
This coffee looks great, but I’m a Peet’s purist and my bank account is crying, so I’m going to pass on this one and take a Woot break - Look forward to reading about how it is though.

I thought this was “wine.woot.com” not “whateverwewanttosell.woot.com.”

Is this in the category of all the things that go with wine? I know I’ve seen cheese, and now we’ve got coffee if the last “real” wine.woot was a little too successful in partaking of drinking down one’s collection…

I’ll pass, but cheers to all on Thanksgiving!

When was this roasted?

fresher the better…

You’ll have a good time next week!

There’s still at least one wine offering per week.

Cheers to you, as well, and to all my wine.woot buddies!