Thanksgiving Coffee Company Five - Pack

Thanksgiving Coffee Company Five - Pack
$39.99 + $5 shipping
Condition: Roasted
Products:
1 Twelve Ounce Bag Musasa, Rwanda (Dark Roast)
2 Twelve Ounce Bag Mirembe Kawomera (Dark Roast)
2 Twelve Ounce Bag Byron’s Maracaturra, Nicaragua (Light Roast)

Previous offers:
11/7/08
6/11/09

Thanksgiving on Yelp
Thanksgiving on Facebook
Thanksgiving on Twitter

Product website

I was a barista for more than 5 years and I can honestly say that this was some of the best coffee I have ever had. I highly recommend it.

in for three.
this is my fave coffee.
fyi, theyre on twitter too: @ajustcup

Bought this last time it was offered - there were 5 different varieties. Recommend it.

Woot! Go Lions!

Organic? Fair trade? Details please, unless i missed them!

I wonder how long ago this was roasted?

Do they only sell whole bean or do they have ground as well? I’m assuming Woot is selling whole beans (unless the picture is there just for representation) but I don’t have a coffee grinder. Still if this is good coffee it could be a good reason to buy one. I’ve been meaning to get one for a while now so I didn’t have to exclusively buy ground coffee.

We got the TG coffee pack last time and were really impressed. All of the money goes to, like, third world countries to cure bicycle cancer or something. I’d say this gives me a good feeling but the truth is that when I brew coffee it is only because I’m not coordinated enough to kill myself at that hour.

http://store.thanksgivingcoffee.com/coffee/fairtrade - List of their fair trade coffee.

Looks like 2/3 of these coffees are fair trade, with the exception being the Byron’s Maracaturra. I think based on the sustainability section of their website these are all organic, but I didn’t see anything that explicitly said so. Maybe someone else can jump in on that one.

For the Musasa, the product description says dark roast, while the write up says light roast. Which is it?

Bah, I only buy green beans. :slight_smile:

Karen

Whew. That Noceto offering was killing me–I already bought one order and it just sat there taunting me, begging for me to order more. I couldn’t have held out much longer.

How long could I store this (in the freezer, say) and still maintain reasonable flavor and aroma? I’m not a coffee guzzler, so it would take me a while to go through this whole five-pack.

yep, thats a good way.
i have about 3 bags in the freezer right now.
i just take one bag out at a time and use it up. then when thats gone, grab another from the freezer

they do sell whole and ground beans, but for this offer, i believe its just whole.

you can get a blade grinder for around $10 - $15 and its very much worth it.

otherwise if you want to spend a little more you can get a burr grinder for a tad more.

Go with the burr grinder it makes a difference.

Cheers

I’m originally from the Fort Bragg area, and Thanksgiving is a taste of home, so I get some whenever I get the chance. I kept a pound in my freezer for 6 months and it still tasted pretty good when I opened it up. It was not perhaps as good as it would have been if I’d drank it fast, but it was still pretty good.

Thanks! That’s very useful.