Thanksgiving Preparation

The only review I could find on the Zyliss Mandoline: 9 Best Mandoline Slicers of 2023 They liked it a lot. I’ve been looking for a mandoline but the prices are high for the really good ones. I am considering this one.

Even if I was crazy enough to buy a woot refurbished ham at $13 a pound, the sales statement of “Please note that any item temporarily out of stock will be substituted with a similar item of equal value.” means what?

I might expect a 5 gallon jug of Baconaise or 40 jars of Bacon Salt?

Title describes a Cuisinart 12" Iron Fryer but the specs list the diameter as 15"…if this 15" includes the handle, then it isn’t a “diameter”

Yeah I am not really sure what they were thinking with this deal…

I think that may be a munging of the package dimensions.

I found other sites say the dimensions are 4.5 x 15.3 x 15.3 inches. But unless those handles are really short, I think that’s the box size.

And of course, the Cuisinart site had NO information.

I’ve emailed to see what I can find out. With the weekend, it will be a bit to get an answer.

$$$$$$

Am I drunk?! Who eats ham on Thanksgiving?!

i have no idea on your alcoholic state at the moment but I’ll take ham over turkey any day.

The description of the Cuisinart cast iron chicken fryer lists it as “Porcelain enameled exterior.”

And, later on it is “Dishwasher safe for convenient maintenance and easy clean up.”

Is the INTERIOR enameled? If so, that should be mentioned. If not then THAT should be mentioned, and the dishwasher statement removed.

steve

Per Cuisinart, it is dishwasher safe.

oh i hate turkey. eat ham every thanksgiving

Received the Zyliss Mix ‘n’ Measure measuring cups a few years ago for Christmas. Within 2 years, the measures were worn off the 1 and 2 cup measuring cups (I don’t use the 4 cup that much). Gladly chucked them for the Oxo versions - much more durable and easier to read out of the box.

k…but I’m gonna need your number, and most likely I’ll just shoot ya a text, that ok?

Have to love manufacturers that make such claims, even though it works against itself. As this is just exterior enameled, running it through the dishwasher will strip off the seasoning that allows a cast iron to perform like a non-stick.

It is 12" diameter, BTW.

To those considering the Cuisinart chicken fryer - if the exterior color isn’t important, consider the Lodge 5-qt chicken fryer instead. Granted, there’s a bit of bias - USA made, and Lodge manufactured the Woot skillet too.

Anybody ever have a ham from this company? I’m thinking of sending the petit to my elderly mother.

It looks to me as if several different companies are represented in the hams here. I don’t know about all the companies, but the Smithfield Virginia Hams and the Edwards from Surry, VA would be outstanding choices. Always consistently good quality. Virginia Ham - mmm, mmm, mmm!

Edit: I am awake now and I see you mentioned the Petite Ham, which is from Edwards of Surry. Check out their website, I kid you not, they have awesome ham!
http://www.edwardsvaham.com/?gclid=CJ-Sn4m42roCFRQaOgodHG4AaA

Narfcake, thank you for that info. I am going with Lodge.

Well, thanks for the link. Trying to find out more about the petite ham, and in doing so, noted that the ham is only 34.99 on their website. There is probably a difference in shipping, but doesn’t seem like much of a deal to me.

Actually ran through checkout to see, and the shipping is 10.96, so there is a whopping $3 discount.

I bought it on the assumption of 12".