That's No Moon

Frankly, the text is what makes the shirt awesome. I just wish it were a navy shirt (which is what it looked like in voting) rather than black. Still got one anyway.

The text adds more clarification to the shirt in the daylight, for those who get the reference to the artwork. There’s plenty of art/Sci-fi nerds out there, like myself!

Text is the deal-killer.

Such ignorance on Woot this evening. The writeup does all but directly explain it.

I find this extremely clever. Without the art reference this would be quite forgettable.

Agree. I grew up with a Magritte book in the house and my favorite shirt is still the Super Mario pirana plant take on “this is not a pipe”

Text is the deal maker!
Let’s get our minds straight :slight_smile:
(seriously though, I’m buying it BECAUSE of the text)

Finally!!..A Star Wars shirt!
Bought 2 - 1 for hubby & daughter (both sleeping didn’t want it to sell out especially since I haven’t seen a high vote on a design in a long time!)

Congrats Wirdou! 500 votes well deserved -Awesome design!!

Bah… text makes it a lousy pretentious shirt, it could have been a great geeky shirt.

As others have said, would have bought it in a heartbeat if text was not in french. As it is … no dice.

“To pač ni luna”

But then it wouldn’t be a Magritte reference.

Yes indeed! That’s why it works on so many levels… but truthfully, most people who see the shirt will not get the “Ceci n’est pas un pipe” reference, or even know who René Magritte was. I still think they will most likely see the “moon” and the French, and think “Oh, an artsy shirt.”

Nice analysis, though! :slight_smile:

Completely agree. Excellent shirt on several levels.

With such a lack of geeky shirts on the internet, I can see why you’re upset. =|

For the clueless…

This shirt is awesome! And the French text is exactly what makes it work so well on multiple levels.

By day it’s a slightly pompous and totally cool artsy kinda shirt but in the dark it’s moonlighting as a nerdy Star Wars reference. (pun intended) A grand merger of two nerdy worlds!!! Yes, I totally bought one. Shhh, don’t tell my over-stuffed t-shirt drawers.

Ceci n’est pas une lune; Ceci un piège!

1. Buy the shirt.
  2. Buy these.
  3. Be happy.

FWIW, I’m in the pro-text camp, but witness the glowiness of this fully armed and operational battlestation, and then tell me blacking out white text on a black short is too much work!

In for three–artsy or no, I love that:

1. it’s Star Wars! how can I resist?
  2. it glows.
  3. being in French, it won’t be readily guessed by just anyone I pass by.

My kids and I will be wearing these when we ride Star Tours at WDW. :smiley:

You’re telling me. I wish Woot shirts were acceptable interview and wedding attire.

They’re not?

Well. Guess that explains the glares…

Anyone have an example of the glow in the dark shirts in an action shot? I’d like to know how well they actually work in the real world.

Do people hate the French language or French people?
Magritte was Belgian, not French, if that makes a difference.

In for one.

This was the best shirt I’ve seen on woot in the longest time…and then I saw the french text at the bottom. Total Fail! I would have bought this in an instant without that gibberish. instead I would have to defend one of the most hated people on earth every time I wear this shirt? I think not!