The Beast Sleeps

Congrats Drakxxx! I don’t think I got around to commenting in your thread, but this is an amazing design - one of the most unexpected and best concepts from you as far as I can remember at the moment:)

Hmmm, that looks like a nuclear symbol up at the very top there. Are we supporting the wrong side of Earth Day perhaps? Has this designer gone rogue?

I don’t know. The beast appears to be waking up.

=[
I really hope tomorrow’s shirt is the one that I want.
Because I want an Earth Day shirt.

Same here, two days of disappointment…

And Drakxxx does it again :smiley: congrats, once again, sir!

Fixed that one for you :slight_smile:

Yay Draxx!!

One question though, does woot always have a grass colored tee? I really really like it, but I’ve never seen it before.

I’m so thrilled this won. I was hoping like crazy it would. I love the shirt color, I love the design; bought one immediately.

This is my second shirt.woot in a week which is completely shocking and ooc for shirt.woot. laugh

Great job, Drakxxx; 'grats!

Seinfeld: What’s the deal with gigantic, corporate-driven, tree devouring robots?..Not that there’s anything wrong with that! I’m a man who respects a good coma!

Personally, my only other grass green shirt, which I adore to pieces, is They Might’ve Been Giants. If memory serves, I don’t think this color gets printed on very often, unfortunately, because it’s a great color. (or maybe I just don’t care for most of the designs that end up on this color. hahaha)

slightly reminiscent of laputa, and i love grass green shirts. in for one…one that i won’t see until i return to the states in august :frowning:

it’s a great design, but i don’t see the theme in it…

nods sagely

You see, my child, it’s a…well, it’s…yeah, I’ve got nothin’, sorry.

I see a sleeping giant, a nuclear plant at the top (but what’re the smokestacks for then? A bomb and a factory?), nice waterfall, lush trees, people flying a kite next to a river…it all kinda points to a dormant volcano maybe?

It’s the Iron Giant meets Castle In The Sky.

If you don’t see the theme it’s Gaia the Titan as Mother Nature. As far as mythology goes, she’s one of the original keepers of Earth. Depending on your level of Geekdom, it’s either a character from Greek mythology, the dispatcher for “Captain Planet,” one of the first antagonists for “God of War III”, or it’s a terrible MMO. Your geekdom may vary.

I’m super surprised to see this one made the cut. Thank you guys so much for your support and votes as always.

The concept behind this design / illustration is that it’s a giant robot with factories built on top of it, and the people who control it move it around the earth and use it to sap natural resources. This illustration depicts the robot no longer operational (The Beast Sleeps), and tress and nature are growing around and on top of it.

It’s essentially a happy ending scenario were Mother Earth has triumphed.

As a few of you guys mentioned, my inspirations for the design were indeed the Shadow of The Colossus game, and a little Miyazakia for good measure.

Well that’s the interpretation I got out of it, not sure why these other people didn’t…

Congrats on the design, in for one.

And that is why I woke up at a very unnatural hour to make sure I got one. This was one of my favorites of all the entries. But, now I have one so I have warm fuzzies and can promptly slumber once more. Congrats again on the win and printing, well deserved.