The Cake Is A Liar

I haven’t played Portal, and this is still the first shirt in a long time I’ve considered funny. I’m right on the fence for this one.

This is my first Woot! purchase ever and I love it! Portal FTW!

It seems like this is a portal shirt made by someone who heard about it instead of playing it. “The cake is a liar” ??? Why not the real phrase: “The cake is a lie”.

Thanks! I’m not much of a gamer so that explains it. Owell, guess I’ll go spend my $10 elsewhere today… :slight_smile:

It’s great because Portal is awesome

I’d much rather have it simply copy off of Portal than be like it is, but oh well. The shirt is for those that are still alive.

Portal ftw! :smiley:

Untrue. I’ve never played portal, and likely never will, but this design is the first woot I’ve mindlessly bought without looking back. It’s a simple design with an absurdist concept.

condition: Cryptically Delicious
product(s): 1 Orange Woot Tee (4113)
Size: WS, WM, WL, WXL, S, M, L, XL, 2X, 3X

Doesn’t the shirt’s caption seem to defeat the whole purpose of this shirt?

Congratulations Geekfactor!

I agree…
I guess it’s changed just so slightly to evade disqualification.

Holy crap! Thanks voters, I thought this might squeak out a third place finish, but this was very unexpected. And awesome!

And yes, this is a Portal parody. Not a rip-off, a parody. It mocks the core concepts of Portal (and… cake in general).

It’s a play on the concept of portal. The cake is lying about being nutritious. At least, that is how I interpreted it.

Ugghhh the color is horrid… eeewwwwww

Why does everyone have to give their 2-cents on a shirt. I doubt anyone cares if this shirt isnt the right color or if it is a rip from portal. Which as a matter of fact is prob what the designer was aiming for. So buy the damn shirt, if not dont say anything. BTW it is a great shirt

I think it is true orange, and that’s why I’m staying away. Darn :frowning: Check this photo out: http://www.americanapparel.net/storefront/images/detail/serve.asp?media=2102_Orange.jpg

I don’t like the orange. Orange makes me look like i’m dead.

Because we’re assuming the cake talked. Get it? An inanimate object trying to talk?? A parody with thought put into it? Nevermind, I guess you didn’t.

A weighted companion cube shirt would be the bombshit :smiley:

But if you play that game, the cake never talks nor does it call itself nutritious. The computer promises you cake all through. Once you escape you find the phrase “the cake is a lie” written all over the walls. Seems like a missed reference. Almost but not quite…