The collective, a photochop will be assimilated.

I have found that searching on Google images often yields less than productive results.
Pictures are often small, and crappy. So what is one to do? I have taken a lot of photos of flowers and critters, but I am starting to take photos of other things that may some day be useful in a chop. I don’t know if any of you have large data banks of photos or not, but if we all started taking photos of things it wouldn’t be long before most of the photos we are looking for would be stored in some wooters HDD. To participate, simply take photos of things that would be good for chopping, (Try not to get any shadows or backgrounds that couldn’t be easily removed.) and tag them with key words. Then, when someone asks for a photo, you can search you files for a similar thing, upload it on imageshack and post it. No idea if this would work, but tell me what you think about it.

This is a fine idea, Fen, but kind of hard to get working, mainly because the person with the file you want probably won’t be online when you want the file.

As a way to get around the problem of google image searching, I do have a couple of suggestions for you.

My first attempt is to search on wikimedia. Then, if I don’t find what I want, I try yotophoto.com finally, I go to the sites yotophoto searches and try there- most useful are morguefiles.com and stock.xchng. these sites often have the file I want even when yotophoto didn’t find it.

GASP You mean we aren’t all on woot 24/7?!?!?!

Ok, I’ll try that. Thanks!

I haven’t had these problems, since I’m fairly adaptable in my image use. I’ve gotten good with some of the advanced tools to remove backgrounds, color correct, etc. But I think it’s a good start. Maybe this could be your calling- starting the first website resource for photochopping. It would be nice to have a resource that not only has source images good for fair use / creative commons, but who took the picture, etc.

In addition to Josephus’ sites, Ive also had luck with google earth (!). If I want a picture of, say camels in Egypt, I go near cairo, look for a blue dot, and see if that’s a picture of the area… Let’s see what the source photo site is… PANORAMIO…

Sure, Mr. Star. 24 days a month, 7 minutes a day.

i dont know but

http://dearcomputer.nl/gir/

is good. google image search with options and no BS
cheers

Mr1. If that is how much time you think you spend here, you are delusional.