The Crusher

Darn, was hoping to see some Crusher wines here other than the Orange. Oh well, money saved. Another long week to wait for more disappointment.

I will be paying close attention to any tasting notes from the first time it was offered. I keep dreaming that some more of the 2010 will pop up because that was a personal favorite of mine (even though the woot community wiped it off the planet when it was offered). The 2011 I really did not like nearly as much.

I have to say I really enjoyed the 2010 mixed blend and the 2011 orange chardonnay - I think with all wines this goes along with the style you are after. If you want something different - a white wine with hints of red flavors and different complexity - then this is for you. If you usually drink reds but occasionally enjoy ‘bigger’ whites - then this might be that red-drinkers white wine for you. If traditional styles of white wine are more your vein… than probably not.

Another tip - even though the color would indicate that these might benefit from being chilled, they actually drink much better at a warm/room/red wine temperature!

I’d like the three pack, but a) SIWBM and b) $20 per after shipping and tax is a little steep and c) SIWBM.

They don’t ship to OH anyway… Don & Sons has gotten too big for Ohio’s buzzkill legislators.

I would probably be getting a couple cases of this if it weren’t for the heat in Vegas in the middle of summer. I know woots summer shipping uses ice packs and Styrofoam but I just don’t trust that to work when it is 110-115 outside. I wish there was a “hold in warehouse till fall” option.

The Crusher

The Crusher Orange Chardonnay 3-Pack
$49.99 $̶7̶1̶.̶0̶0̶ 30% off List Price
2012 Crusher The Big Orange Chardonnay

The Crusher Orange Viognier 3-Pack
2012 Crusher The Big Orange Viognier

The Crusher Orange Blend 3-Pack
2012 Crusher The Big Orange Chardonnay & Viognier Blend

The Crusher Orange Mix 3-Pack
2012 The Crusher Big Orange Chardonnay & Viognier Blend
2012 The Crusher Big Orange Chardonnay
2012 The Crusher Big Orange Viognier

The Crusher Orange Mix 6-Pack
$84.99 $̶1̶3̶7̶.̶0̶0̶ 38% off List Price
2 2012 The Crusher Big Orange Chardonnay & Viognier Blend
2 2012 The Crusher Big Orange Chardonnay
2 2012 The Crusher Big Orange Viognier

The Crusher Orange Mix 12-Pack
$149.99 $̶2̶6̶9̶.̶0̶0̶ 44% off List Price
4 2012 The Crusher Big Orange Chardonnay & Viognier Blend
4 2012 The Crusher Big Orange Chardonnay
4 2012 The Crusher Big Orange Viognier

Have your shipment re-routed to a FedEx office for pickup. After I get the notice that my wine has shipped, I follow the tracking link & select the option to re-route to the FedEx by my house. Then I just pick it up on the way home. Easy-peasy. :slight_smile:

That’s definitely a good idea. I am still a little worried about the temperature of the wine getting to the FedEx facility, and also the temp inside the FedEx facility though.

Buy. If it’s cooked, it’s on woot, not you. They’ll refund/replace if there’s any issue. It’s no risk to you and all gain if you want in. :slight_smile:

Props to WD for the varied selections, and WW for the video!

Deliveries to the local FedEx office here are generally early morning, 09:30~10:00 or so. As my default shipping address, I find most everything is amazingly trouble free and well air-conditioned.

I did not have the 2010 but I did like the 2011 offered earlier this year. Really liked it and wish they had something similar. I was not a big fan of these which I bought in the mixed pack in the last offer.

You called?

I’ll take this opportunity to note one of the things that still bugs me. The above would work if we received timely shipping notification.

Quite often the email notification of shipment does not arrive until the day the wine is on the truck to ones door, or even after a failed delivery attempt.

I’m from Vegas and had some wine shipped from WTSO. I had it held it at the local facility for a couple days when the temp was 116-120 that one week. First off, the wine was chill at a good 65 degrees as the temp was extremely cold in the office. Second, just popped open the bottle being worried about the long week in transit delivery, and the bottle was good, no flaws were caused from that terrible heat.

I wanted to send this to my nephew as a gift but it seems I cannot. Ouch. We both are over 21 and I want to use my payment info. Why can’t I do this.

Who is the winemaker on these?
Nevermind, I see it in the write-up.

I loved the 2010 by Winemaker Michelle McClendon. Not so much for the 2011, which causes me to be reluctant about the 2012.

I would love to have this wine, but once again, the PLBC has totally screwed me.