The Dark Lord Returns

Why is Zelda holding a katana?

Whoa! Two wins! Incredible and well deserved! Congrats Oakenspirit!

Back to back! Nice job, Oakie!

I am in awe of Oaken’s talent. This shirt is absolutely gorgeous. Another perfect addition to my Zelda tee collection. Bravo!

!!!

http://fc05.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2013/227/d/4/goron_dancing_by_twisted_disaster-d6i8ql5.gif

Thanks so much everyone! I am pretty overwhelmed right now- bad night for me to pass out early! heh

I thought it looked like Alf too. I like that.

ALF was the first thing that came to my mind, too. Maybe that’s what he looks like when he’s eating cats. HA!

You mean Link :wink: Zelda’s not even on this shirt.

Check out the original The Legend of Zelda title screen, maybe that’s the sword?

Here’s a daily concept I am sending in to woot!

:wink:

What do you guys think?

I thought the shirt was well-done but didn’t “get it”, so I looked at comments to figure out what the shirt was about. Once I read Zelda, I called in my teen daughter, a lover of all things Zelda, and she immediately knew what this was. I’m in for one for a Christmas gift.

Anyone else think this was a big angry ALF???

I admit, I had no idea what this was referencing but the design is just beautiful! Congrats to the designer!

Way to go Oakenspirit! Definitely deserving of the two wins! Great designs

It wasn’t explicitly mentioned anywhere here but I am pretty sure this is a Zelda (Link) and Samurai Jack mashup. Link being the stand-in for jack (with the Katana) and Gamon being the stand in for Aku. Just for anyone more curious then the more obvious Zelda connection.

Thanks so much for all of the comments- You guys double made my week-

I based the design off of the old Zelda 2 game over screen-

I wanted to keep the silhouette look, but give it more energy, which led my mind to aiming it toward a more samurai aesthetic- hence the katana. Also, with Hyrule Warriors playing up that angle, it seemed a great fit!

Thanks again- glad so many are enjoying it!

Samurai Jack is always living in the back of my mind, so this was likely an unintentional homage, but totally a valid interpretation! :smiley: Awesome.

Here’s a samurai jack/walking dead mashup I did a while back!

It’s not Zelda.

Double win! Very impressive, Oakenspirit!

First day sales: 369