The End

Wow! What a crazy finish!!!
Congratulations on the win!!!
I didn’t realize that it was made up entirely of hats… Nice work!

The shirt says “navy” but the image looks black to me. Is this just me or did someone screw up?

For some odd and disturbingly familiar reason, I have a craving for wedding cake.

I agree with Adder here. The other shirts were all things I would never wear, not in 1million years.

This is simple, easy to recognize, and a good choice. Good goin’ devo dudes.

It does for a lot of people. Just trust woot’s description, as opposed to the mock-up.

it looks like it could actually be a concert shirt, and people would go up to you and be like ‘devo, right?’.

i felt a lot of the others were just trying too hard.

Ick. How does this say Devo? Why do I even care, I don’t even listen to Devo except that Dare to Be Stupid song. Congrats to the shirt artist though, that prize package looked pretty sweet.

I want to say this shirt underhandedly depicts the de-evolution of the cockroach. Obviously, as it is made out of rigid, steeped hats with various levels, the aerodynamics (crucial to speed and the impressive survival of the cockroach) of the roach would be severely compromised.

This would provide an fabulous advantage in the human race for an epically enacted ‘death by shoe.’

there were some terrible entries but this one is great. definitely in for one.

Congrats to littleclyde! That will be a fun trip…!

That said, I am sad that out of all the great t-shirts submitted in this derby, DEVO decided to pick one of the few that I can’t bring myself to wear. And this is despite having seen them in concert four times, one of which was my (then-toddler)'s first concert.

It also makes me sad that none of the other great t-shirt designs (both within the fog and without) will see print, because of the “official DEVO asset(s)” that they had to include.

Oh well. As they say, “Wear gaudy colors or avoid display. It’s all the same.”

Remember, just because this one won doesn’t mean the other contenders are not going to be seen!

Also, interesting choice. I figured DEVO would pick one without their name on it – that is the chic thing to do now a days!

How does a roach made up of energy domes say Devo? You must not be a fan.

it’s perfect.

Well…if you read the derby…“Create the kind of baffling, vaguely disturbing design that would make DEVO proud!”

I’d say this fits the bill…truth in advertising!

It’s a simple design, and simply de-evolutionary. But where I live in Texas, people will assume that there was a real bug on my shirt. “Hey MJC! Hold still! This will only hurt you fer a second!”

Unless I want to endure constant beatings, I need to refrain on buying this shirt.

You know, I actually like and admire a wordless band shirt. This way it can stand alone as a cool looking shirt for those who may not like/know the band.

Also, I won’t feel like a walking billboard. :stuck_out_tongue:

I actually think that gets the band’s image across well.

Much like the “Whip It” video, actually. It’s spare and simple, but silly and kind of bold all at the same time.

This has everything I want out of a T, bold contrast, simple design, cleverness, and power domes.

congrats! had a feeling about this one…very clever! i love cockroaches unless they are in my condo…or maybe i just like pictures of cockroaches…yeah that’s it. congrats on the print and the awesome prizes!

Also, anyone who was of pre-school/kindergarten age during any part of the 90’s might recognize this piece, written by Mark Mothersbaugh (the lead singer of Devo).

Something about this shirt bugs me