The Incredible Name-Morphing (and now, Locked!) Thread!

Experiencing deja vu?
Try scrolling down a bit, maybe it’s not entirely the same old thread you’re thinking of.

instead of having to wade through dozens of separate “how much I think woot sucks” topics under everything else, I feel very strongly that some version of “customer service” or “customer feedback” belongs at the higher level.

Well … either that, or find a way to deal with complaints better within the Woots threads.
Sheesh! I’m still peeved about the ice cream makers, but I have the courtesy to keep my gripes (mostly) contained over there.

Please, other wooters, whether you agree or disagree, please chime in here

i concur. a top level forum for customer service issues would be nice.

I don’t think so. The woot threads should be more than adequate to handle those types of issues. What we need is someone that can (or will) move/delete threads that aren’t where they should be.

Yes.
That alternative would suiit me just fine.

Move, delete, or at the very least, close to further posting.

I don’t know how many times you guys are gonna suggest mods before they actually go for it…they may never get mods(besides what they have now)

We may have finally seen it today, though.

The “ban peteromans11” thread got locked some time in the past couple of hours.
That should make it, soon enough, fade to the back of the pack (index).

And the more I ponder that solution, the better I like it. Still searchable, still part of the “official record”, but relegated to history.

[quote user=“obob”]

The “ban peteromans11” thread got locked some time in the past couple of hours.

And the more I ponder that solution, the better I like it. Still searchable, still part of the “official record”, but relegated to history.[/quote]

that’s the second thread that I have seen locked…and have only seen one conversation moved. with as much traffic as this board gets, there should probably be more than two locked threads, and a couple of moved coversations.

[quote user=“cruzer”]

that’s the second thread that I have seen locked…and have only seen one conversation moved. with as much traffic as this board gets, there should probably be more than two locked threads, and a couple of moved coversations. [/quote]We’re still learning all the tricks to the new forum. It’s obviously much different from v1 with the ability to lock/move/obliterate threads. You’ll probably see a little more activity like the locking of the “ban petermans11” topic, but we’re trying not to interfere too much with the free flow of the forum.

If you’re looking for suggestions for threads that I consider obsolete and ready to lock, starting from what’s on the top page of the index today, there’s one called ‘8" bass tubes’ that never should have been under “everything else”
and … well … uh … there’s another called ‘can we please get a “Customer Service” category’ … or something like that. I think maybe that one’s been adequately answered…

(edit)
Hmmm. I just discovered a text substitution “macro” …
I think I don’t wish to be any more specific; you probably know what I mean.
As long as it seems we’ve got your attention, do you suppose it might be possible to have that only affect the one Forum where it appears to be needed?

So . . . what do you think?

Is it a good thing that the originator of any thread can come back, at any time, and completely change the name on the topic index?

I’m undecided.

And was it something automatic that then locked this thread? Iiiiiiiiiiiiinnnnnnnnteresting!

i concur. a top level forum for customer service issues would be nice.

I don’t think so. The woot threads should be more than adequate to handle those types of issues. What we need is someone that can (or will) move/delete threads that aren’t where they should be.

Yes.
That alternative would suiit me just fine.

Move, delete, or at the very least, close to further posting.

I don’t know how many times you guys are gonna suggest mods before they actually go for it…they may never get mods(besides what they have now)

The “ban peteromans11” thread ** got locked ** some time in the past couple of hours.

And the more I ponder that solution, the better I *like * it. Still searchable, still part of the “official record”, but relegated to history.

that’s the second thread that I have seen locked…and have only seen one conversation moved. with as much traffic as this board gets, there should probably be more than two locked threads, and a couple of moved coversations.

We’re still learning all the tricks to the new forum. It’s obviously much different from v1 with the ability to lock/move/obliterate threads. You’ll probably see a little more activity like the locking of the “ban petermans11” topic, but we’re trying not to interfere too much with the free flow of the forum.

If you’re looking for suggestions for threads that I consider obsolete and ready to lock, starting from what’s on the top page of the index today, there’s one called ‘8" bass tubes’ that never should have been under “everything else”
and … well … uh … there’s another called ‘can we please get a “Customer Service” category’ … or something like that. I think maybe that one’s been adequately answered…

(edit)
Hmmm. I just discovered a text substitution “macro” …
I think I don’t wish to be any more specific; you probably know what I mean.
As long as it seems we’ve got your attention, do you suppose it might be possible to have that only affect the one Forum where it appears to be needed?

So . . . what do **you ** think?

Is it a *good * thing that the originator of any thread can come back, at any time, and completely change the name on the topic index?

I’m undecided.

And was it something automatic that then locked this thread? Iiiiiiiiiiiiinnnnnnnnteresting!