The Juniper Tree

Nothing like a shirt that reminds me of a dark tale right as I’m trying to get to bed. Thanks for keeping my insomnia firmly intact woot.

My favorite part of the write up:

“I really don’t like this much moral conflict before bed.”

Yet, we check for woot tees every night. So much daily moral conflict in the span of seconds, on some nights.

That bird appears to be pretty full of himself…

Why does a kid know the name of an anti-psychotic drug?

Edit: and it doesn’t say what they had for dinner. Considering the earlier cannibalism that is worrying me.

This shirt really confuses me. Am I missing something?
What’s up with the red string? Is the bird a believer in Kabbalah?

Well, this sure isn’t your father’s partridge in a pear tree.

That’s a really unhealthy root system. I’m surprised that tree hasn’t uprooted yet.

Yikes! This kind of gives a different meaning to “and they lived happily ever after”. Guess the Brothers Grimm really do deserve their dark reputation.

Oooh! I can’t decide if this would look better on my chest or my wall. Does anyone have the link to the instructions to frame one of these? I know it was posted a few months ago, and I can’t seem to find it

I didn’t really notice the skeletal hands at the roots until after the write-up. Nice touch!

Let’s see Disney get a hold of this fairy tale…

The link from “This shirt tells the world” is sooo gonna give me nightmares now…thanks w00t!

Have to love the timing. Woot does a shirt with red leaves while I watch #txfire burn around my great state.

Is it sad that I cheered when I first read The Little Mermaid and discovered she died at the end?

That being said, I love Grimm fairy tales.

Nice choice Woot! I love the color choices on this shirt and the way the blue flows.

Is that one of those birds from the Disney Jungle Book, sitting on the very dead tree? That’s the first thing I thought of when I saw it…

Here are a couple of tutorials:

eHow

Instructables

And some retailers who sell t-shirt frames:

Michaels Crafts

Urban Outfitters

Amazon

There was a good thread on Woot about it some time ago, but I can’t seem to find it. I’ll keep looking.

*AHA! found it: * Shirt into Hangable Art.

This must be the tree from Poltergeist

[youtube=1qweaPhmWqo][/youtube]

Grimm, yes + darn creepy. Wow. Bird has a very determined waiting attitude amid the delicate blue greys of despair.

Am I the only one who saw Patrickspens’ Ancient Oak at first glance? It looks like a dead moonlit version.