The Key

Sorry, I don’t think Guardians of the Labyrinth is going to print : ( It was flighting with Forbidden Fruit and Advantage: Giraffe for 9th place Wednesday evening, so the likelihood of it placing 3rd are very low.

I’m betting Guardians will get an honorable mention.

The point fall off on this derby is huge. Rise of the Goblin King had 1005 votes and The Key had 656 votes.

Patrick generally places within the top 3 if his design makes it in to the fog, so there is little surprise that this design won. It doesn’t hurt that it’s an excellent design with great use of color and shape.

It’s neat how the rocks of the wall also make a heart if you squint your eyes and stand back.

Awesome work, Patrick! Congrats!

man who loses key to woman’s heart gets no newkey.

Dude, pull over now.

You’re less likely to get a “Night of the Meek” type exit, and are more likely to get a “Nightmare at 20,000 Feet” or “It’s a Good Life” type of exit.

Willoughby, seems nice. I have to see if she really has the right key.

That was the first thing I thought when I saw this.

Yes! So glad that this printed!

And gee woot staff, that was a surprisingly touching blog! =D

I’m happy this won, but I’m a little disappointed that there is no way through the maze :cry: Perhaps there’s a secondary message there?

Perhaps, love is a social construction contingent on your analytic community and there is no essential truth to it, but you can have the key to my heart ironically?

I solved it 20 minutes ago

Damn you, woot. You got me again. I’M A SHIRT.WOOT ADDICT. Definitely in for one of these little babies.

I think this shirt is beautiful in its own special way.

A key and a heart?
It must be a Zelda reference!

Cool to see you use this paint style Patrick. I’ll bet it’ll make an awesome shirt. Congrats!

There’s a way in of course, but there’s no way out! Does this mean that once you get to the heart you can’t get back out of it? What if you don’t like what you find in that heart, eh?

I was just thinking that myself! This would be my choice Keyblade!

If there’s one rule to Shirt.Woot, it is this: You can never go wrong with Patrickspens. Follow this rule and you’ll live a long, happy life.

What a great design!

I love the design, the meaning behind it, and how woot’s write-up took on a more serious tone to reflect this.

Bravo to all!

But a key to a anatomically correct heart would be very “Temple of Doom.”