The *NEW* Official Unofficial Box of Treasures (UBOT) List - 2022

If you are unfamiliar with the UBOT, here is the previous/completed 2021 Version:

TLDR: This is a BOC-style box that is NOT sponsored by Woot - just some forum participants who want to share/pass along a big-ol-mystery box of fun to others.

So the pleading and arm twisting worked, and Taz has once again agreed to be our Leader!

As official record keeper, I’m starting this new thread, so I can edit the top post of names.

So what is the UBOT??
Contrary to the name, we really do NOT want to spend a lot of time and money just shipping actual garbage, so please be considerate of that, when adding your contributions to the box.

Only active Wooters will be considered for participation, we will look at your post history!
Final decisions will be made by @RebelTaz .

By asking to join, you are agreeing to the following rules:

• SHIPPING IS EXPENSIVE! If you do not think you can afford to ship a large 20lb+ box across the country, do not ask to join this list. Things happen. If your financial circumstances change, and you need to hold off on participating after agreeing, just let myself or Taz know and we can bump you down the list or remove you until next time.
  • If, when your turn comes close, you know that you will not be able to get the box mailed back out within one weeks time (you have a vacation or busy time planned), ASK TO BE BUMPED LOWER ON THE LIST, so we avoid long delays. Folks who do not do this, will be banned from future participation.
  • When you receive a box, let the group know the box has arrived.
  • Privately contact the person below you on the list, to get their shipping info. If you do not get a timely response from that person, it is your responsibility to report that to the group, so management can make a decision on skipping ahead down the list.
  • “The Reveal” - Take photo(s) of ONLY what you are keeping. Post the photo(s) to the group, along with an itemized list of what is in the picture(s).
  • Use a highlighter to cross off in the book what you are keeping.
  • Start a new page in the book, head it with your screen name, and then list all of the NEW items you are adding.
  • Put the book and highlighter back in the box, pack the box up with the left over items you are not keeping, and new items (which should be equal to or better than what you kept), and ship it off to the next person.
  • Send the next person a tracking number PRIVATELY, and post to the GROUP that you have actually shipped the box to the next person.

Drop your interest down below, so we can start to assemble the list of victims participants.
To make it fair, the names will be randomly put in order, once the final count has been reached.

We are limiting the number of participants this go around, so post below ASAP, to be considered for inclusion.

If you want to be considered for this chaos:
Being social on the forums, and not just the freebie/giveaway threads, is a good way to make friends and earn trust. We are selective to try to include only folks known to the community forums, to hopefully avoid the box being stolen and not passed along (commonly referred to in some circles, as “the monkghi & SkeletonQueen08 incidents”)

We will review your community participation, for consideration in joining the list.

SHIPPING TIPS CAN BE FOUND ON THIS POST: The *NEW* Official Unofficial Box of Treasures (UBOT) List - 2022 - #577 by Wooter772326458

12 Likes

(to be edited ONLY if vaca bump is necessary)

“Final” List of Participants:

1. Wooter772326458 :white_check_mark:
  2. Queen89 :white_check_mark:
  3. bankernosaj :white_check_mark:
  4. gingirlj :white_check_mark:
  5. FrostByte :white_check_mark:
  6. gemi27ss :white_check_mark:
  7. Neiciejean :white_check_mark:
  8. moles1138 :white_check_mark:
  9. RebelTaz :white_check_mark:
  10. BlackRose13 :white_check_mark:
  11. cartr1 :white_check_mark:
  12. Wooter194802706 :white_check_mark:
  13. uvassassin :white_check_mark:
  14. LMLCABC06 :white_check_mark:
  15. Se7enty9 :white_check_mark:
  16. Wooter609214317
  17. WooterWootsWendy
  18. Back to Wooter772326458

~done for this round~

Probationary: @Notetoshelf - since you are new to the forums and have not been very active yet, we are putting your request on hold… Please try to join in on some conversations, on this thread and elsewhere, and get to know folks, and we can reevaluate to add you in down the road.

I used: RANDOM.ORG - List Randomizer to randomize the list, here is a screen grab of the order we will be sending in (I blacked out my IP info) :

randomizer EDITED OUT VACA DATES no diw

16 Likes

I’ll do it if @daveinwarshington does.

8 Likes

I’ll join in this time if the group accepts newbies…

7 Likes

But…
Taking an out-of-town vacation 3/20-27.
Looking for SUNSHINE. :desert_island: :sunny:
1st vacation in a few yrs.

8 Likes

Before I ask to join, I’m curious what the shipping costs averaged for previous UBOTs? It might be helpful for others to know as well.

Are we talking $20-$40 range, $50-$75, $100+?

6 Likes

I’m down to be a N00bie added. I’ve got fun swag to share. Also, when time wise, do we all plan on getting this started? I’m popping in/out of town for the next 4 weeks yet will always have access to check into Wootersville.

~Edit to Add: Outta town this weekend yet this shouldn’t matter.
Got family stuff March 26-30, some outta town yet that’s super easy to work around.

9 Likes

WOW! Good question!
Hopefully the box isn’t filled with books and hammers.

9 Likes

I sent my 24# for just under $40 USPS Priority Mail.

There are some less expensive shipping options–but I didn’t want to hold up the box any longer.

8 Likes

If you are new to this, please read the rules carefully!

Know what you are agreeing to!

Check yourself that you can support this financially, you don’t have so much chaos in your life that you can’t resend the box, and that you will be present to recieve and re-ship the box!

Please and Thank you🥰!

7 Likes

:star:excellent example of how to manage time away from UBOT!

I hope it’s a wonderful vacation!!!

8 Likes

What are the detauls to close the list? How many people can join and by what date will the list close?
I take it folks can’t join once the list is finalized?

8 Likes

It’s so cute how you think that’s your position here, el Capitan! :saluting_face:

re: the rest… see… I knew you were the girl for the job!

10 Likes

:grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing:

nooooooooo!! Don’t make me delete this thread…

6 Likes

Me! Me! Me! Me!….
Please?

3 Likes

Do you pinky swear to follow the rules?

7 Likes

As stated in the previous thread, I would love to join this insanity for another round… I’m just waiting to find out what my next position will be and in what country… I’m pretty sure I’m being moved back to the US, but there’s a slim almost non-existent chance I could get to stay in Germany a little bit longer…
So could I be placed further down on the list?

9 Likes

I’m game again!

7 Likes

Oh man, should I stay or should I go…the last thread got away from me, but it was fun getting and sending the box. So, I guess I am in!

11 Likes

Jeeze. Just sign up already.

8 Likes