The Official Unofficial Box of Trash List

@Wooter772326458 sent a page to several people back on August 16th who were upcoming on the list.

Your name was removed when you didn’t reply.

2 Likes

I just now saw the page thing, lol, then got the notification u replied. I’m sad, but can I be included in the next one then? I’ve been gathering random odd/interesting things in a box since like July, lol.

4 Likes

Thanksgiving Day GIF by evite

6 Likes

@Maelstrom4099 works in an amazon fullfillment center!

On the one hand , I feel like you should be reinstated! But on the other hand, seeing that a few people have really struggled with this, maybe it’s a blessing.

I hope you are getting enough rest!

3 Likes

Yay! I finally have internet again… I actually got it back about a week ago, but with the internet came a cold! I’m trying to kick this damn thing, but it does not want to go away… (Note: I tested myself and it’s not COVID)

It’s so frustrating being sick and having to ride the bus especially with numbers being so high right now in Germany… I feel like every time I cough people on the bus are giving me looks… (Note: We are all wearing masks as it’s been required for quite some time to wear masks on public transit.)

Why is it that I only suddenly have coughing fits when I’m on the damn bus surrounded by people and not at any other time???

3 Likes

Welcome back! I have been dealing with a similar cold for about 3 weeks. I work at the hospital here so I got similar looks when the coughing spells hit….which always seemed to happen as soon as I tried to register a patient. I hope you get better soon!

2 Likes

I had a cold a few weeks ago. I was told that due to a year + of wearing masks, our resistance to colds and the flu are not as strong as it used to be. It seemed to take longer to get well. Every time I was out it felt like people though I was a vampire!!! Take care out there.

7 Likes

I have pneumonia, which is amazing since I rarely leave my house and always wear a mask when I do go out.
Watch those coughs and if they are persistent see a Doctor. You never know what is lurking in your system!
I hope everyone feels better soon!

5 Likes

I am SO sorry!!
A gal I know of got pneumonia FROM wearing her mask a lot…
(I say know of because my dad who works at a medical coverage place talked to her personally… I did not)
the doc told her it was too much re-breathing in that moisture she was exhaling.
He told her to stay at home awhile after she recovered, let her lungs have a chance to relax

3 Likes

THANK you!

My Doctor told me the same thing- to stay home .

Though I was tested ( negative) a couple of times for covid, once before I could see my doctor and once after , just to be sure. She recommended I quarantine when at home. We have protected ourselves so well from Covid, we are catching everything else like wild fire, she was concerned about keeeping my husband safe.

4 Likes

I had the pleasure of rocking that one for 3 whole months. As an otherwise healthy individual, I totally understand now how pneumonia kills people who think “it’s nothing”.

4 Likes

I don’t know how people ignore it!

2 Likes

@SylvreKat !!!
WE HAVE PRICED THE BIRD: THE CUCKOO HAS LANDED.
it’s gonna be $40.

5 Likes

Hmm. Cuckoo clocks are not my thing and I am most certainly not an expert. But when I blow up the picture posted, I can see spots where the paint does not provide full coverage. Makes me wonder if this is a kit or something.
My MIL is German , based on the cuckoo clocks in the family homes in Germany , this doesn’t seem like a handcrafted authentic clock.
Again, I am not an expert, but $40 seems like a lot.

I guess it depends on whether the shop is charitable and raising money for a good cause and you simply wish to donate, you are an expert/knowledgeable and think the clocks is authentic, or you just love it and must have it at any cost!

A picture from google since the family photos are Kodaks, but the family clocks are 3 dimentional and so finely detailed.

2 Likes

@PantherRose if your shop supports any charity and I have scared someone off, I will donate $40.00 if it is a qualifying contribution. I’ll even donate ifnI haven’t scared someone off and it is a qualifying contribution!

1 Like

The $40 price is more than fair for the clock
Granted, it’s a lower end cockoo, the regula 25 movement in it goes for $30 + used as parts.
A new similar clock retails for $300 +

3 Likes

That looks exactly like ours.

Isn’t currently working. Need to oil it. Our clock guy passed away.

5 Likes

Not hard to oil, there is a removable panel on the back, move flip to the side, tilt panel down, and off it comes.
To me it looks, from the picture, that the verge arm is slightly scewed
If you start the pendulum, listen to the clicking
Ever so slowly tilt the clock till the clicks even out and it should run fine

5 Likes

6 Likes

ummm… what exactly is a “qualifying” contribution?

2 Likes