The Official Unofficial Box of Trash List

So… has the bird left the nest? Is the fox out of the henhouse? Has the train left the station? I guess what I’m trying to ask is… HAS THE BOX BEEN SHIPPED??? :cowboy_hat_face:

train station GIF by stinasketch

8 Likes

Just a matter of taking the time to do it.

3 Likes

That’s really kind of you to try to help your fellow Wooters!! :smiley: No worries or offense meant/taken!!

Our store’s policy is look for similar listings on Ebay or Etsy for upper-end items like this (or things we think are, anyway), take the average price (or lowest, if they are numerous and disparate) and halve them.
Note: we don’t do this with everything. Only the things we think/know are really nice/collectible

The listing we found (for one in similar questionable condition) was for 78 (plus shipping) so we went with 40.

Here are some others. Now when I searched today, I found some for 15 plus 16 shipping… but if anyone wants me to purchase it for them, I get a half-off employee discount. Just PM me. You will have to pay some of the shipping, tho.
XD
https://www.ebay.com/itm/194543043398?hash=item2d4bab4346:g:sfEAAOSwkBNhVO7O
https://www.ebay.com/itm/265425197463?hash=item3dcc931997:g:iJsAAOSwpTFgEf-k

If you would like to donate to our ministry, you are completely welcome to; but you can look and see whether you think it’s a worthy cause. X)

https://southsidemission.org/

5 Likes

I too pneumonia and a sinus infection. I wear a mask all day while working and pretty much stay home otherwise. I had no idea about the possibility of this happening because of wearing a mask all day. Thank you for the information.

5 Likes

This is false information. Pneumonia is cause by bacterial, viral or fungal infection.
Not breathing in humid air.
Wear a mask. Wash or change it often.

https://www.reuters.com/article/uk-factcheck-pneumonia/fact-check-people-have-not-been-developing-antibiotic-resistant-pneumonia-from-wearing-face-masks-idUSKCN26E2NA

TLDR:

A global team of public health experts at Learnaboutcovid19 also told Reuters there was “no evidence” to suggest face masks can increase the chance of developing pneumonia, “or any other bacterial, fungal or viral infection in the lungs”.

Additional sources:

If you have actual sources that say otherwise, I would be very interested in reading them!

8 Likes

Thank you for all the information. I have no sources to speak otherwise. Since masks aren’t mandatory where I work, I’m one of the few that wears a mask all day, and have been sick more often than others. So when I read the other posts it made me wonder if that was the cause.

6 Likes

I have been working from home for 20 months, and always wear a mask in public, though I rarely go out (just for essentials).
An ER Doc and my GP say most of us have protected ourselves so well, our immune systems aren’t as robust as pre pandemic when we were exposed to alot more and constantly fighting stuff off.

In a matter of coincidence , our house got really dry when we turned the heat on , so we started using the humidifier. That is when I got sick.

5 Likes

Awesome!
Thank you for sharing the link for South Side Mission. I’m looking forward to reading about it!

4 Likes

Wow! There were so many clocks online, I tried to pick one that had a similar design to the one @PantherRose posted.
What a coincidence!!!
Though cuckoo’s aren’t my thing, that’s a beautiful clock!

5 Likes

Good info!

2 Likes

A charitable contribution.
I was tired when I posted and couldn’t think of the other terms.

3 Likes

Really?? My daughter brought me a humidifier last night to help with my breathing. Crazy, I’m sure you’re right that our immune systems are down.

4 Likes

I know it’s a coincidence, but you can’t beat the timing!!!

4 Likes

That’s for sure:)

3 Likes

Not an argument for/against the masks. I was just saying while they were recuperating, it might be best to just relax without at home. (pardon my language here…) Dammit, Jim, I’m not a doctor!
LOL

…The conversation I referred to was real; just secondhand so I can’t point you to anything. I’m guessing that she was frequently wearing a not-clean mask that led to a fungal infection from the moisture and lack of cleanliness but I really don’t know.
Wasn’t trying to push anybody’s buttons: I believe everybody has the responsibility and accountability for their own choices and I’m not trying to incite anything. Sorry if I upset or confused anyone. Try to stay safe and obey your local ordinances :slight_smile:

9 Likes

I did not take your post to mean for/against masks at all. I was just saying I wear a mask all day and most at work don’t. So what you said about masks and pneumonia made me wonder. I do wash my masks after each use but maybe I should get disposable masks that can be changed throughout the day.

6 Likes

No, that’s ok!
It’s just a very… sensitive topic with some of my friends and I wanted to make sure that I was respectful here as well.

7 Likes

My doctor told me the same thing. Not only to stay home to avoid infecting any one, but also so I don’t have to wear the mask. It’s hard enough to breath with pneumonia, putting the mask on just add more straim and stress.

I don’t think your post was in any way bad.
But I think someone ( can’t remeber who posted) was trying to help people understand how people actually get sick.

Since mold grows in warm , wet conditions, it’s possible that someone with really poor hygiene could make themselves sick with a really filthy mask.
It would be rare, but possible.
I agree though that most of us are getting sick in more conventional ways.

5 Likes

@PantherRose , I love what South Side Mission is doing. Especially that they have a culinary program.
I am having a slight problem on the donation page so I will call on Monday.
I also didn’t realize that, that is one of the 100 poorest areas in the country.
Thanks again for sharing.

6 Likes

I’ve said this for decades. People have so taken to disinfecting everything so much - even pre-pandemic - that most people’s immune systems wouldn’t know what to do with a germ if it met one. Me? I work with my hands deep in grease, oil, gas, dirt, and all manner of chemicals all day long; rarely wash my hands during the day; eat with my hands dirty (gasp!); have never disinfected ANYTHING; couldn’t care less about “germs” and yet have NEVER had anything more than an occasional 24 hour sneezing fit.

When I was a kid, one of the nuns told us about how, when she first arrived from Ireland, they didn’t have mosquito’s like we do here, so she was terribly affected by them. But once her body got used to them, they didn’t affect her anymore than they do us. Since then, I’ve known… DON"T KILL EVERY GERM YOU COME INTO CONTACT WITH and your body will learn how to handle them!

6 Likes