The Official Unofficial Box of Trash List

2021 UBOT reveals:

RebelTaz - Original sender
LUNCHImNoLADY - Rec’d 5/13/21 - The Official Unofficial Box of Trash List - #56
archetype6 - Rec’d 5/20/21 - The Official Unofficial Box of Trash List - #96
missmessye - Rec’d 5/28/21 - The Official Unofficial Box of Trash List - #121
bankernosaj - Rec’d 6/7/21 - The Official Unofficial Box of Trash List - #199
ashleyheart - Rec’d 6/15/21 - The Official Unofficial Box of Trash List - #299
mtn3pitt - Rec’d 6/19/21 - LATE POST 7/1 -The Official Unofficial Box of Trash List - #522
Neiciejean - Rec’d 7/2/21 - The Official Unofficial Box of Trash List - #545
dafrogman - Rec’d: 7/13/21 - The Official Unofficial Box of Trash List - #677
Se7enty9 - Rec’d: 7/16/21 - The Official Unofficial Box of Trash List - #735
mbspell - SHIPPED 7/18/21
pepper114 -
mick52 -
ETC…

4 Likes

Please, people, for the love of God, don’t use fedex if you can help it. Those people can’t keep up with their own asses, much less such valuable cargo as tOUBoT!

7 Likes

Oh believe me. I feel it. I’ve been through a LOT of traumatic sh*t in my life. I’ve aged faster than most people my age. Definitely had one of those “oh f**k I’m getting old” moments when things cracked and popped that shouldn’t have. Dang near took me to the floor. 0.o

3 Likes

Hey. I’ve got a lot of respect for yall making things the way they are today. I mean ffs my boyfriend is all into that stuff. He’s 30 (don’t shame me) and I read these comments to him all the time (he’s just as excited for the Box as I am by the way just doesn’t want to throw himself in the list cuz we both feel like that would be unfair) and he about fell over cuz he was laughing so hard. I looked at him like he was nuts and he just goes “ah tihs I’m fckn OLD! You have no idea what any of that means, do you?”
Thus started an hour long rant of Mav (boyfriend) trying to explain to Skele (me) what it was like back when he was a kid. I’m over here still trying to take notes and he’s just frustrated cuz I ask too many questions.
Hey. Look man. If you’re gonna try to teach me something, especially in a topic I’ve never learned ANYTHING about, best be ready for questions that don’t make sense. It’s how I make sense of things!

To note Mav is a Senior Technology Consultant. And has been working with computers since he was 5. Dude can do some insane tihs with them. While I sit here and use mine to watch Netflix.

6 Likes

Happy So Excited GIF

I’ve already been thinking about what to send in my first box…

10 Likes

Hi can I please be added to this list!!! I have a ton of extra stuff laying around in old woot boc boxes….

1 Like

Hi can I please be added to this list I have a ton of extra stuff from woot boc’s…

1 Like

I feel like anybody who is this desperate to be added to our little game must be a worthy addition! :smiling_imp:

8 Likes

Uhm, at least Purple doesn’t sit on their packages for three days waiting to delivery it on the projected date. I had a box hit the Brown hub at something-stupid am Mon morn (I’m talking like 1 or 3am). Got all excited 'cause it had shown a delivery date of Th. Hot nmad I’m getting my package early!

Except it didn’t arrive Mon. And Tues still showed at the hub, so I called. “Oh, it’s not due 'til Thurs. It’ll go out then.” So I asked if I could please come pick it up at the hub. “Well, we don’t know which truck it’s on.” I’m sorry, WHAT? If it’s on a truck, then why the everlovin’ heck isn’t that truck out on delivery bringing it to me?

And you don’t ever want to get my sis-in-law started on Brown and the crushed rose bush. Trust me, you don’t.

>'Kat

1 Like

Au contraire, mon cheri… I gues it’s ymmv, but I have never had a single issue with UPS, but FedEx… Allow me to elucidate…

• I had a perishable package set to be delivered (say) Monday. Tracking shows it’s on the truck and out for delivery. 8pm comes, no package. I check the tracking number and it shows it’s been delivered. I looked all over my property. No package. They insist it was delivered, because it says it was. about a week later, same said package, same said tracking number, mysteriously shows up.
  • Like you say with UPS, I’ve had packages “out for delivery” for a week before they finally get around to actually delivering t hem.
  • I run a business and I need parts to get my customer’s stuff repaired. Almost ANY TIME the supplier ships with FedEx, the package invariably gets “lost”.

Like I said… ymmv, but for me, I wouldn’t ship my worst enemy through FedEx.

3 Likes

SiL’s story–she came home to find a 4’ tall box on top of her formerly-2’ tall rosebush. Called UPS. Was told “The drivers are supposed to hide the box behind a bush by the door.” She explained that the bush had been 2’ and the box was 4’, and it wasn’t even behind it was on top of the bush. “Well, the driver did exactly what he was supposed to, to hide the box.” She asked them to just buy a replacement rosebush. Told the same thing again. She asked how a formerly-2’ tall bush had any chance to hide a 4’ tall box. Told the same. She said if they would just come up with an even-slightly plausible way the bush had any chance before being crushed of hiding the twice-as-tall box, then she’d forgive the driver crushing her bush. They absolutely would not replace the bush. Never did try to come up with a “how” either, just kept quoting the same line. --It’s way more fun when she tells this 'cause she actually gets mad all over again, like 15 years later.

My personal worst experience–my UPS package showed delivered. Except no one at work had seen the driver. Nor was the signee any of my coworkers. ?? Did the driver just hand off to some random customer? Called; no help, just quoted delivered, same as online showed. Asked the neighboring stores, nothing. Called again, quoted same. Decided what the heck and went up the row to ask every store. Got to the last (basically opposite corner from us) and voila! they’d gotten it. Called UPS, was told that “as long as it’s delivered in the right city, we consider it correctly delivered.” No, I kid you not, that is exactly what UPS cs told me. I said, “So basically, if I ship something to my brother in Houston, so long as it’s delivered somewhere in Houston, a city larger than some states, you’re good with that.” Yes.

Final comment–when weather gets bad and roads hazardous, Purple pulls the drivers. Brown does not (or at least didn’t a few years ago–that might’ve changed by now depending on how many accidents/injuries resulted)

So apparently YOUR mmv, too. :smiley_cat:

Btb, skip DHL. They’re more than either Purple or Brown.

>'Kat

1 Like

Wow… both stories are crazy! I will say this, though… Our every day driver (UPS) was on vacation and we had a replacement. My girlfriend and I were out front of the shop talking to a customer when the Replacement shows up. He pulls our package from the truck sets it on the ground just outside of the door of the UPS truck, gets back in his seat, and drives off. Doesn’t say anything. Doesn’t offer anyone the package. Nothing. We were all just standing there with our mouths hanging open…

3 Likes

Oh man. Those Amazon delivery drivers though. They are my favorites. I’ve had them bury packages in 3 feet of snow just inside my front gate. Didn’t even try to walk up the path. Yes it was shoveled. The item they buried? Herbal alchemy book. Was so pissed. I’ve had them leave packages at my garage instead of front door on blazing hot summer days. My garage door faces south. Hot midsummer sun plus me scrambling to find the package of electronics type stuff so it didn’t melt anything was not a good time. I almost cried cuz there were gifts for a few people in there.
There was this one time though. I had a driver hide my package so well that I couldn’t find it an I started to cry. It was hidden between the slats in my side gate just barely tucked into the snow.

2 Likes

It should arrive today!!

8 Likes

I work 2-9 so I’ll probably be out when it arrives but I am so excited to open it!!

@pepper I will get it out your way Fri morning

11 Likes

No hurry.

6 Likes

I’m going away for a long weekend and don’t want to anger the mob lol

13 Likes

I thought that was how this worked? You get the box and take it on vacation. This is the thread for Flat Stanley right?

10 Likes

IT HAS ARRIVED!!!

11 Likes

Haveyoushippedyet?Haveyoushippedyet?Haveyoushippedyet?Haveyoushippedyet?

11 Likes