The Original Recycler

I think my favorite is the fiery one.

I’m 99% sure it’s a reference to Marvel’s Rachel Summers (Grey), named Phoenix (III) at some point. Was a member of Excalibur and the daughter of Scott Summers/Jean Grey from the Days of Future Past timeline/future.

/nerd

Cool shirt, but I do get frustrated having to sort out my recycling: one bin for plastics, one bin for aluminum, one bin for bird ashes.

i am so delighted i might just spontaneously combust!

I’m not getting the condition either. Best I can come up with is that it’s a reference to Rachel Carson who is somewhat tied to recyling which is somewhat tied to the phoenix. But there’s a lot of loose connections there.

Anyone figure it out?

EDIT: KittyPryde’s theory is way more viable than this one.

EDIT 2: Xazy’s is way more viable too. Let’s forget I even brought this up.

Yeah, that’s the “comics” reference I was referring to.

I got all excited thinking this was a reference to Final Fantasy 6 - you receive the Phoenix esper/summon as one of the side characters, named Rachel, passes away. It plays along with a song called “Forever Rachel”, which is one of my favorite soundtrack pieces, ever. haha.

I guess we can have it both ways. :]

Okay, I am soooo lost over the reference being made in the condition box. I don’t even know where to start…

I know, right?

WTB this shirt with grey arrows.

Whoa! This shirt is sweet =D

I prefer this over most of the $10 shirts they have at TL right now… hahaha!

Robin didn’t place in the top 4. The final two spots are being fought over by Illusions of Grandeur, Predator(V2) and No Bowling!!!

My guess is that Predator will be tomorrow’s shirt, followed by No Bowling…

Surely, you didn’t manage to throw in three pop culture references in one day?
We did, and don’t call me Shirley!

Oh fuck it. In for one, I have a little patrickspens collection going anyway… Don’t like the blue but I do like black shirts.

does happy dance In for one. I actually went “squeeeee” when I refreshed my page. Just realized that my patrickspens collection is really getting going.

My thoughts exactly. They draw more attention to themselves than the phoenices do.
And everyone knows that the recycling arrow is traditionally green or white. D:

Nooooooooooo. ):

Ugh. Love the design. Just so tired of black tshirts. Will have to pass.

love the don’t mess with me expression on the newly reborn bird’s face

How do you know? It looks like Woot fixed the glitch on the count on the derby page, I’m seeing ? for all nine, even when organized by date.

sort by random?

Goodness Gracious Great Birds of Fire!

This one isn’t for me, but congrats on a win and a double-derby-placement PPens. Always a fan of your work, and I would pay you to teach me those amazing halftone tricks. (srsly, I will pay you, I can’t get them to work at all)