The Royal Shame

I like the drawing and concept, but it fails to come off as being clever or funny to me since the Jack is not the son of the king or queen but rather the servant. A rogue jack would more likely be beheaded if he were to mock the king somehow.

Bought! First shirt in, hmm… let’s see…October of last year. Mainly because I had to wear out the shirts I already got.

This is yet another brilliant concept by Walmazan. Although there are many outstanding artists here, tgentry and Walmazan stand out to me as the two who most often and repeatedly have come up with concepts that are just amazing (R.I.P. tgentry’s pre-employee contributions).

Again, there are many other excellent artists, but these two are at the top of the heap in terms of concept creation.

A Jack isn’t a servant either. A Knave is a servant and that’s what the card used to refer to back in the 17th or 18th century. Honestly a Jack isn’t really anything. It could be a guy named Jack. Or… their son named Jack? Whatever makes this shirt work?

Because of the crown, the beard, and the puckered lips, I thought that Jack was a King from another deck that had an affair with the Queen, who’s crying behind the angry King in the center…

Thank you, today’s woot writer. The writeup today cleared up my misunderstanding. Muchas gracias.

Knew this one would place, pretty obviously really, it’s made by Walmazan and is full of awesome!!! congrats :slight_smile:

Another outstanding Walmazan design. For my money, there’s no better derby artist than Walmazan. Week after week, derby after derby, we see the most creative, most well executed designs come from the mind of Walmazan. y’all should really start BUYing MORE.

As of this shirt, I have one closet of just woot! tees. Huzzah.

Jack Black soon to be seen wearing this tee.

:slight_smile:

WTG, Walmazan!

I’m glad I’m not the only one that noticed this. :slight_smile:

Congrats on yet another win Walmazan!! You have been rocking the derbys lately and I’m loving it! :slight_smile:

I’m crying right now, i lost by 16 votes haha, but BIG congrats dude, this totally deserves to print. I thought that it was going to print in the first place.

Congrats again :slight_smile:

I knew that Joker was a bad influence!

Thanks everyone for all the support! and happy mothers day!

Good job. I knew this was going to place. Coincidentally, I just happen to be wearing “True Love” right now.

Thank you specsmachine! and i hope you enjoy your true love too!

Has to have been the EASIEST write up ever…

On the t-shirt side, I think it’s clever. It’s easy to understand, funny, drawn as well as it needs to be, and very much in that ‘style’ of shirt. I approve.

I love the art. I wish it had been a black tee, though. Red and I don’t get along that well. :wink:

Great work, walmazan!

The typical teenager will enjoy wearing this in front of her grandmother.

The Bonus is that his Mohawk is taller then the card at the top

Once again, I’m baffled by the low sales of a Walmazan shirt. I can understand when most designs that people characterize as “artsy” don’t reach quadruple digits, but more than anything, Walmazan’s shirts are funny, well composed, and almost always have a lot of all-around appeal. I’m usually pretty good at pegging sales figures for shirts, but I always expect Walmazan’s sales to go through the roof, like they did with “Fresh Cake” and “Campfire Tales”.