The Shredder

Awesome design, great background color. If only I hadn’t bought a new shirt today!

My sentiments exactly: cool concept, too large, but with reason. Sorry no sale, but grats on the print.
I’ve only liked one skull T here, and it was Enin’s from the line art derby.

too manly for me. have to pass on it.

Anyone else still waiting for their order to confirm? Been at least an hour for me.

been waiting 3 hours!! Same problem over at woot for the comic books!!

says it all for me.

I agree, but I can’t figure out what it says. Even though I find the skull meme dull, I might have to buy one just to decipher it. Hmmm…Woot is getting sly again. They always end up with my money somehow.

yeah, still waiting. been hours now :frowning:

another shirt to scare the children~!!!

I really like skull shirts, I have to admit that (and yes, I am a girl)
But, maybe its my monitor but the shreds remind me more of little worms than bits of paper so, congrats on the print, thats a huge and joyous deal for the artist to be sure but. shakes head sorry T_T no sale here.

The Punisher.

Wow, I am really surprised this hasn’t sold yet.

Ghost Rider. The paper should have been on fire. L O L

Love the use of the calligraphy pen for texture. Not a skulls gal myself, but I do enjoy seeing a slightly different take on yet another skull shirt.

I know that the skull is often viewed as goth-like or death, but I think there are other meanings to it. The ones I know are strength and endurance (the skull is last to decompose), warning or threat (like on poison), Calgary (the Crusaders used the skull and crossbones), to warn off evil (by wearing it) or as a reminder of the fragillity of life.

This shirt may mean more something like the Pieter Claesz Vanitas Still Life painting that with all our hard work, papers, businesses, staying late; time still marches on! Live life fully before it is too late!

I also tend to overanalyze things…so I may be way off!

I don’t know how to post a picture (duh…someone help me!) so here is a link to that painting.

EDIT: I think I got it!

http://imagecache2.allposters.com/images/BRGPOD/31938_b.jpg

Did anyone else see this linked from the Woot.com main page and secretly hope it was a classic TMNT T-shirt?

After that long post I made before it may just mean:

Death from (or to) paperwork!

Yeah, I thought of that too! Seriously, though, is woot stats screwed up or has nobody purchased this shirt since the 12:00 hour? I guess I wouldn’t be surprised either way.

Edit: now I see it’s fixed. thanks! (people actually do look at those!)

On black, maybe, but I already own too many asphalt Woot shirts …

This shirt is an interesting concept, but it’s a little morbid for my taste.