The thread of useless knowledge!!

Post all your useless knowledge here so we can all learn worthlessness from each other! yay!
I’ll go first…

Ground control for the moon landing in 1969 had the processing power of two Commodore 64’s.

a cow has 4 stomachs

you cannot keep your eyes open while sneezing

most women over the age of 45 can’t sneeze without peeing a little

:tongue:

Adam on Mythbusters totally recorded himself with his eyes open while he sneezed, and his eyeballs didn’t pop out!

Also, it takes 3500 calories to make one pound of body fat (or it takes a lack of 3500 calories to lose one pound as well).

On Leave It To Beaver, the Beaver’s locker number was 214.

Wally’s was 9.

yeah, but didn’t he have to actually hold them open with his hands in order to do it?

In the movie Forrest Gump, though it was never spoken, Jenny’s last name was Curran. (It was printed on the back of an envelope that Forrest mailed to Jenny while he was in Vietnam and on the letters that are returned to him in the hospital.)

Yes, but the myth was “you can’t keep your eyes open while sneezing,” and he totally kept his eyes open! The super slo-mo footage was remarkable and beautiful, not unlike many scenes from the Emmy-award winning Planet Earth series…

Also, in all of George Lucases movies, there is a THX and a 1138 somewhere, even his non-Star Wars films.

In the Star War Series (all 6) someone/thing said “I’ve got a bad feeling about this” (or somethign close to that)

On the Ark in Raiders of the lost Ark R2-D2 and C3-P0 were part of the glyphs

ok but was it a planned sneeze? i mean with a lot of thought and a tube of crazy glue i could probably sneeze with my eyes open as well. i admit i would dribble a little though :slight_smile:

women over the age of 45 rule the world (don’t even try to dispute that using myth busters)!

Mythbusters also did the “throw a stick into the front wheel of a speeding motorcycle to see if it really flips up and over,” but I’ll refrain from sharing that result, as Mythbusters clearly does not carry the heft of truth that I thought.

Also, there’s an extra leg in the original sculpture of the flag raising at Iwo Jima.

Happy 233rd birthday today, Marine Corps!

Here’s something I recently learned!

So hubby can keep struttin’ in those heels, as far as I’m concerned!

The first couple to be shown in bed together on prime time TV were Fred and Wilma Flintstone.

eta: i guess it’s not true… no1 disproves me.

h8

eta: they’re only disputed due to their lack of being human. PFFFT.

Summer Time was written in 1923 by George Gershwin.

mary kay and johnny predate the flintstones anyway

The nine-banded armadillo always has a litter of four genetically identical offspring. It is the only mammal that does this.

I like pie.

How many times does Lincoln appear on the penny?

THE ANSWER MAY SURPRISE YOU.