The UFRBOG-3 INVITATIONAL

This pass-along box is in no way affiliated with Woot! or Amazon companies. It’s just a group of forum-dwellers doing something fun.

These little boxes have been a blast! Pepper and I will be hosting the UFRBOG-3 INVITATIONAL.

We’re very strictly using the USPS’s Priority Mail Flat Rate® Large Box - LARGEFRB.

This is going to be a non-trash box, no expired coupons, broken things, puff-ball hats, dvds or hangars etc… No trash please. When you receive your box, you take out what you want then put stuff back in…no junk please…

• When your turn is approaching the sender should contact you privately to get your mailing info.
  • Once the sender has shipped, they should send you the USPS tracking number (privately of course).
  • When you get your box, choose what you want and replace with your good stuff to send on.
  • Take a picture of what you kept (that’s half the fun!) and share it with the forum along with a roster of what you kept.
  • Mark with the highlighter in the log what you’re keeping
  • Write down what you put in.
  • Get the mailing info privately from the next player.
  • Pack it all up, mail it and send the tracking number to the next player.

The rules will be very loosely based on the UBOT with a few big exceptions:

1. We will all use a specific flat rate mailbox from USPS (Priority Mail Flat Rate® Large Box - LARGEFRB) This will provide tracking and insurance, keep things fair and from snowballing.
  2. We will have a list of banned items. Nobody wants your trash or your prized collection of 26 AoS2 DVDs.
  3. We aren’t really looking for BOC items. Handmade things are cherished, odd little things from the thrift stores, things like that are nice. However sometimes the Woot monkeys put unique items in the BOC. For example I received a couple of blue metal toothbrush holders that were surprisingly well-made. They were a hit in the UBOT and I daresay would be most welcome here.

If you meet the criteria of an active participant in the forums (not just the games, giveaways or polls–they don’t count) so we know you’re a real Wootizen, please indicate your interest below. Don’t embarrass yourself and us by asking to be added if you don’t qualify. Thanks!

IF YOU HAVE PARTICIPATED BEFORE OR HAVE BEEN CLEARED IN THE UBoT OR THE UFRBOG YOU DO NOT HAVE TO VETTED. JUST ASK TO BE ADDED, NO BACKGROUND CHECKS OR UA’s WILL BE NEEDED.

I’d also like to give @RebelTaz props for pioneering this most excellent and fun idea! Thanks Taz!

I will be first to send out and last to receive back for the UFRBOG-3 INVITATIONAL. I’ll randomize the player list once registration closes. Registration is closed. List has been randomized.

Update as of 10/29/22

Players:
therealjrn WE ARE LIVE PEOPLE!
marlenestclair She found some great stuff!
Flourlover A butter soft leather makeup bag!
Calgaltoal Nice box with nice things!
aaronhenry A daughter-keeping reveal!
Insert Therealjrn here Restart Box has shipped!
mick52 Expertly merged 2 boxes! Box 1! Box 2!
PantherRose So exciting! Part 1! Part 2!
Queen89 Fish heads? Seriously? Classy! LOL!!
Wooter497815079 No fish heads, but some nice stuff!
pepper114 {{{Scooter}}}
LMLCABC06
uvassassin
largemarge1
StefanMakaSL1MSTEF
therealjrn

Standy Players
Neiciejean
mtn3pitt

BANNED ITEMS:
(List subject to revision)

• DVDs
  • Poof ball hats
  • Hangars (come on, they’re trash)
  • Broken things
  • Trash (expired coupons, etc)
  • Things from DDC Mongering including t-shirt tags (up to 12 individual tags allowed), paper & binder clips, etc. Woot Memorabilia is welcome, of course.
  • Anything from #WootAfterDark (We want to keep this family-friendly)
  • Crap from BOCs that were commonly received, etc.
    (Unusual or unique books are very welcome)

The idea is since we will have limited space, focus on quality over quantity.

What we’re trying to do is weed out is the every day stuff you can get at the dollar store, target, etc. If it’s something you really like and want to share with someone that’s different though. But maybe keep the clothes hangers, pantyhose, dish soap, toenail clippers, tampons, Donna Leon books, and household stuff for…uh…relatives. Yeah…Send that stuff to your mom…

4 Likes
3 Likes

I’m still confused… so is junk/trash allowed? :rofl:

3 Likes

No sir. Just send all that to…uh…er…anywhere but here!
:smiley:

4 Likes

I’ll send you a poofball hat.

5 Likes

I am willing to send more helpful things!

4 Likes

I will send more of my dirty dishes!

3 Likes

Not committing to anything yet, but am I banned from participation?

2 Likes

LOL, nope. You’ll need to find a better excuse to get out of it.

3 Likes

Of course not. I’ve got plenty of dirty dishes to go around.

2 Likes

Well I’m out. I wanted to send a bunch of used WAD DVDs

2 Likes

Hotel Transylvania Reaction GIF

4 Likes

Yeah…I’m going to need to review those…

2 Likes

Uhhh is this your old doorbell videos?

2 Likes

You get a poofball hat!
And maybe my unfolded laundry. Who knows!

2 Likes

2 Likes

Yes Ma’am!

2 Likes

3 Likes

Sign me up!

4 Likes

Yes Ma’am!

3 Likes