The Woot monkeys recently went to Costa Rica

But then, Ferdinand’s worst fears came true. ‘They’ might be here.

4 Likes

He eventually calmed down long enough for us to get him on another boat and go to the main national park, where we trekked for hours and spotted these guys. Suffice to say, they were happy to be around their own brethren.

This howler monkey was just as curious about them

Eventually, he decided he was not amused.

4 Likes

We then ran into the world’s most photogenic squirrel.

5 Likes

A seven legged Mr. Nope Nope

5 Likes

and this cool dude who we hope was the winner of whatever fight he was in.

6 Likes

But it was time for bed, for the next morning, we had to wake up nice and early to go kayaking.
And so our next day began and the weather was perfect.

5 Likes

So… you are not out sick are you?

4 Likes

Dude I’ve been working all day! Now can you reply back to those emails I sent you? How can we launch that OMG deal we spoke about if you aren’t going to confirm all those details!

4 Likes

If you thought a morning on a kayak was fun, what greeted us back at the lodge was even better. Not one but 2 separate species of Toucans!!

5 Likes

Sadly, we woke up the next morning on a slightly bittersweet note. Persephone had fallen in love with her surrounding and had befriended a little girl in the village we were in. They had bonded so much that Persephone sat us down and told us that as much as she has enjoyed our time together, it was time for her to explore and settle down right here. This was going to be Ferdinand and my last night in Tortuguero but not hers. She was going to go live with her new family. We cried a bit but eventually hugged and wished Persephone the best in her new adventures!

On a related tangent, can someone tell Payroll that Persephone doesn’t work here anymore?

7 Likes

We woke up the next morning and Ferdinand was still pretty sad. However, all was forgotten when we stepped out with our luggage and looked up at the tree and found that little critter that had avoided us thus far all trip.

Note: This may or may not be @davejlives sloth.

6 Likes

We caught our final water taxi to what was the smallest plane we had ever been on.

2 Likes

We arrived in La Fortuna and headed for our hotel. Once there, I lay down on the hammock to rest. I opened my eyes briefly to find Ferdinand letting me know I was occupying his spot.

His spot!

5 Likes

I already told you … We cannot sell cats on our site. There are several reasons why I cannot approve that, and I cannot get into a public discussion about it. Can you please just get back on track right meow?

6 Likes

The next was our final day and we decided to go for a hike before flying back. Ferdinand decided to make the best of it, from shenanigans, to hiking to monkeying around. All in a day’s work.

Lots of monkeying around

4 Likes

The next day, we flew back after having an amazing time. Ferdinand got to submit his report, we all video chatted with Persephone once more and then it was back down to business.

For all those who read and saw the pictures, we thank you for listening to our little journey to Costa Rica.

8 Likes

I loved it! Great photos! So Toucans = Long Beaked Crows?

3 Likes

with some crayons i think

2 Likes

Me thinks this thread was created to justify a trip as a business expense.

8 Likes

I really am glad Persephone has found a nice new jungle home! I hope she writes occasionally.

3 Likes