The Woot that stole Christmas :(

My personal experience with woot:

I purchased an item during the woot-off on December 8th expecting it would easily make it to my house for delivery by Christmas. It’s now been 14 days and woot.com STILL has not responded to one of my emails and they WILL NOT answer the phone. I purchased 5 items during that woot-off, and only 4 showed up. 80% doesn’t cut it unless you’re talking about earning a B in high school math. This is business, and poor business at that. Maybe if I post this in every forum they’ll actually respond to my emails and try to make this right. I just wanted to have the christmas present for my family.

Ahhh . . . seeking perfection in an imperfect world! (j/k)

Has the unreceived item been shipped? Do you have a tracking number? Could it possibly be FedEx’s (say it ain’t so, UH-gin) fault?

Great questions - Yes, I do have a tracking number, and no - it hasn’t been shipped. I called FedEx and they’ve received notification that the device is ready to ship, but Woot hasn’t passed the parcel on to FedEx for delivery. Basically Woot printed the shipping label and then lost the item somewhere in their warehouses.

I’ve now written woot three times over the last week, and they still haven’t responded. FedEx answered my phone call and gave me a decisive answer in under 5 minutes. Not that the two are in even similar markets, but one company has customer service, the other has a poor customer relation model overall.

Then you haven’t read the FedEx horror stories of other woot customers . . . and I would argue that your experience is the exception and not the rule.

I know quite a few people who’ve used woot, and no one has dealt with what I’m dealing with. I personally wooted 4 other items that day and received them all. My point though, is that Woot is irresponsible in responding to customer service requests. I’m sure you can sympathize - I just want an answer as to where an item was that I bought and paid for two weeks ago. Now I have to give someone an “IOU” for christmas, and I’ll have to pay to ship the item to my relatives. What a nightmare.

I do commiserate with you . . . and I have read the posts about woot’s frequent lack of responsiveness.

Wow, this is the kinder, nicer AZG. Must be the season!

Here’s the update guys.

Woot did get the item shipped, and it has arrived at my house. Unfortunately I’m nearly 300 miles away at my parents house, so they’ll be getting a picture of the item under the tree. I’ll be sending the gift back up here via fedex on my dime.

The lesson I’ve learned is this: If you ever have an issue with woot, the forums are where you start. To quote woot’s “write us” section -

One last try, before you write us: did you post in the community forums? It might be the fastest way to get an answer, if you can wade through the crazies.

If I would have started in the forums instead of waiting 3 days for an answer from service@woot.com I probably would have gotten the item on time. Oh well… Nothing can be done now. So far woot’s track record is 4 out of 5 smooth transactions. I’ll purchase from woot again… The deals are unbeatable.

Hey woot staff - maybe a free ticket for the next Beaver on Crack?

glad that worked out for you.

Woot bless us, everyone!

Crazies???
I resemble that statement!

http://img40.imageshack.us/img40/3444/crazy1no.gif

Uh…the item arrived at your house before Christmas.
Not to be rude or uncaring, but they did deliver it before Christmas. Not their issue that you were going away for the holidays.
And I seldom stick up for the Woot guys, but in this case I believe they delivered.

do you think s/he actually stuck around to see this? Probably grumbling around about how unfair the world is in some other regard.

an activity I do often
grumble grumble
bump
argh who put that lamppost there?
not fair!

Haha… You suck! I’m here and I did stick around :slight_smile:

Seriously though, The only reason I bitched about it arriving at my house was because I received an email FROM woot staff saying that they understood their mistake and they were mailing it to my parents address. Then 8 hours later it showed up at my house.

I’m ok with it - I did get my BohC, and I’m still a happy buying wooter. So far they’ve shipped 87.5% of the items I’ve purchased on time… As I continue wooting hopefully the ratio will continue improving.

By the way, stlwooter, did I say you suck yet? Ahhh, some people’s kids. I tell you what.

Indeed I suck. I am a roomba.

hmmm the double post gremlin struck me.

Haha stlwooter=roomba. kmosier=grumbles.

It’s the Grumbles and Roomba Show!!!

wwwwrrrrrrrrrrr bump
wwwwrrrrrrrrrrr bump
wwwwrrrrrrrrrrr bump
wwwwrrrrrrrrrrr bump
wwwwrrrrrrrrrrr bump
wwwwrrrrrrrrrrr bump
wwwwrrrrrrrrrrr bump
wwwwrrrrrrrrrrr bump
wwwwrrrrrrrrrrr bump
wwwwrrrrrrrrrrr bump
wwwwrrrrrrrrrrr bump
wwwwrrrrrrrrrrr bump
wwwwrrrrrrrrrrr bump
wwwwrrrrrrrrrrr bump
wwwwrrrrrrrrrrr bump
wwwwrrrrrrrrrrr bump
wwwwrrrrrrrrrrr bump
wwwwrrrrrrrrrrr bump
wwwwrrrrrrrrrrr bump

Is Mosier your last name? I had two teachers with that last name in high school.