ThermoHawk 200 Touchless Infrared Thermometer

A friend has one similar to this… one night we sat around and tried to see how hot our farts were. :slight_smile:

Accurate to within ±2.5°F? That’s a tiny bit less accurate than I’d like.

how accurate? i mean sure, it says 2.5 degrees, but C or F? WE MUST KNOW

you can get these on ebay for twenty bucks including shipping. not worth it…

fun toy, price is right.
I’m in for one. Thanks woot! More crap I really didn’t need… grin

sounds like a good’ern to me!

Bought 1!

i got one of these during a wootoff not too long ago. it was fun at first but lost it’s excitement quickly. the batteries also died very fast. it has sat in a drawer since.

Eeew… I’d say ‘Touchless’ and ‘rectal-thermometer’ are about as opposite as you can get, aren’t they?!

A touchless thermometer typically uses infrared light to ‘see’ how hot something is. Now, if this sucker did temps high enough to check my grill or the likes, or was accurate enough to replace that damned ear thermometer that can’t read a kid’s fever… but it isn’t. No Woot fo’ me.

could you measure air temperature with this?

98.6?

LR44 Batteries? Are those hard to come by?

Pretty narrow range…only up to 230F?

G’night.

Has anyone actually used one of these to test the temp of their CPU, memory, etc??

Since this measures surface temperature, it won’t be accurate for a person’s temperature since a person’s core body temperature is generally a few degrees higher than skin temperature.

No accuracy at all!!

frigidity detector?

I picked on up. Can be very useful when working on my car. Temp is very important to monitor. Yay, my second woot.

~Fred

this thing is really cool! i got one a woot off a while ago…great at parties! plus you never know when you need to check somethings temp (from fondue to wine to cooked 741 op amps) :smiley:

This would be good for someone who works with HVAC.