To access the price comparator links, click here
And to compare with Froogle, Amazon and eBay, click here

http://lucy.cykian.net/wts/pic0.pnghttp://lucy.cykian.net/wts/pic1.png

why did i buy the other one for the same price

ThermoHawk 400L IR Thermometer

$19.99 + $5 shipping

condition: New

pricing for future reference

I have theThermoHawk 200, which I bought for the same price. It words very well although I don’t find many uses for it.

This looks cool, I just can’t figure out when I would ever use it…

I want one, yet I don’t know what to do with it. That’s never stopped me before though…

Sweet deal! I bought the 400’s here for $15 a piece. these are sweet!

I think this is a cool little gadget. Very fun. My question is, how precise is it?

Jaden: From the listing…

Specifications:

* Measurement Range: -33 to 220°C (-27 to 428°F)
* Operating Range: 0 to 50°C (32 to 122°F)
* Accuracy: ± 2.5% from 100°-428°F
* Accuracy: ± 1° from 10°-100°F
* Resolution: 0.2°C (0.5°F)

And I’m with the prior posters…seems like a fun gadget, but what the hay would I use it for?

Fabulous- puts kibosh on obnoxious guys who come up to you in bars and say, “is it hot in here or is it just you?”

hm, it’s got a fixed emissivity value of 0.95. That’ll interfere greatly with the accuracy of it, since I doubt most objects have an emissivity value of exactly 0.95. but hey, for $20, what do you expect?

Possible uses:

• Body thermometer ? (read from the IR radiations from the ears)
  • Electronic component temperature reading / thermal fault pinpointing
  • “Is that piece of metal hot - can I touch it ?”

[EDIT] YAY! This thermometer is my 26th Woot ! I now have the “black box” ! :smiley:

PC stuff… overclocking, general maintenance etc… Car work, all kinds of useful things , but mainly for fooling around. Now a fun useless gadget is my 100Mw Green Laser :slight_smile:

woot, how about some nice LED mini flashlights? we sure could use some here in nebraska after that insane storm we just got :stuck_out_tongue: candles ftl

I don’t get it. I can load shirt., sellout., and wine.woot. I can load woot on my other computer and on my cell phone. But when I try to view the www.woot.com main page it will not load. On fff I get a blank screen and on safari and ie I get errors. Some times it will load and sometimes it does not.

I just u sed mine to confirm that my regza TV kicks off 98 degrees of heat. no wonder I have to turn on the ac after watching for a couple hours

Major downfall of these is the fact that you need to be an inch from the object you are measuring. Of course they are not going to tell you that.

These are great for people who are into gas pawered R/C models - cars, planes, helis. Not so useful for Fairy copters though - unles maybe you want to see at what temp a li-po battery explodes.

Buy this product and no longer burn yourself on pesky white hot shards of metal!

Why two types of batteries?