Things That are Cool

I’m sure that sand contest only allow water and sand to be used. Their are different methods to getting the sand the way you want consistency wise. You could probably google that since I don’t know where that info. would be on the web. A friend does sand art and he does great with prize money every year. I know he has told me most complicated pieces takes three types of sand consistency that he uses. If you want to see another website that has more…http://www.sandsational.com/sandsationalgallery.html

all about the rocks that are ground up to make the sand.

That sound right to me. He has a great side job for some weekends. Day on the beach, being creative and walking away with over 40,000 in prize money last year.

i’ll have to read more about that. the sane we get is from menard’s…not play sand something else. they said it holds up better and has less creepy crawlers in it. it’s more of a tan color and when wet holds togther nicely though you can’t make anything taller than a sand bucket stand up. the elephants looked like dry concrete to me but i see the sand contest tag now…

A lot also has to do with how fine the sand is ground.

i didn’t know sand was made from rocks either. i assumed it was just made by God and spread out where he put bodies of water…

God invented erosion.

Have you ever been to the Painted Desert?

Not me but my wife went there while in Arizona. She said it was wonderful. I have only viewed photos. I assume you’ve been there.

Several times . . . never looks the same way twice . . .

One small part of it while driving around the Grand Canyon. At least the map said it was part of it.

It stretches across a lot of desert . . .

So many places I want to travel to see. We plan on starting as soon as things are settled here. First two stops New Zealand & Australia. Time to knock some things off of the honey -do list.BBL

This is one reason why there are so many colors . . .

http://img337.imageshack.us/img337/4420/desertro1.jpg

Sort of like dinosaur bones?

people created erosion.

i’m not so sure about dinosaurs…might have been from another planet. or a joke from God.

Wouldn’t the dinosaurs being from another planet contradict the bible even more?

Busted! I personally apologize for the grand canyon. What was I thinking? :slight_smile:

I thought that’s why he created the FenStar