Three Sisters Artisan Cheese

Follow-up:

“Serena”
The product of generations of California dairy family tradition, Serena turns all natural ingredients into a delicious flavorful treat. Made from rBST free jersey cows milk, it has a unique savory taste and has won several national and international awards. Use as a table cheese, grated into pasta, shredded on salads or pizza, or stirred into soups.

“Serenita”
A young creamy cheese made by not cooking the curd, similar in texture to a Beaufort, sweet and savory. A wonderful table cheese if served at room temperature. The natural rind allows subtle qualities in the raw milk to develop gracefully-a surprisingly flavorful well balanced young cheese. Great for slicing.

I hope this helps…I’m still on the fence.

Hello!

We do have a website:
www.threesisterscheese.com

Enjoy :slight_smile:

Sadly I don’t think so. This cheese was the extra surprise packed with my labratted Stuart Cab Franc. I got a slice of the Serena cheese. I’ll be completely honest in that I didn’t like the cheese at first bite. It was a bit tart for me. But after awhile the cheese really grew on me, especially with crackers. Like HAK above I can’t really describe cheese but I remember thinking that it tasted a bit like Parmesan. I thought I was crazy for thinking that. Then I read the description a few minutes ago and there it was…“a hard cheese with some of the bite of Parmesan and some of the sweet nuttiness of Gruyere”. What I thought of as tart was that bite they described. And the sweet nuttiness was definitely in the hizzy. $30 for 2 lbs of cheese is more than I’m comfortable spending plus way more than I can eat by myself, but this was pretty tasty.

TByrd & Sparky, I’ll bring some with me tomorrow if you guys want to try the cheese after dinner (or even before). I doubt the restaurant will let me bring it inside so it would have to be a parking lot tasting. :happy:

Mmmmmm…microbial coagulant…drools

I remember this cheese being on the harder side, almost like a Parmigiano-Reggiano, but much more mild. I agree with HAK, putting cherries or quince along with the cheese on top of a cracker was delicious.

EDIT: I forgot to mention, I tried tasting the cheese with a splash of thatguy’s amontillado at the same time, and the flavors that came out were spectacular.

yeah cheese! Oh i’m excited

Well, Three Sisters rings a bell and I am a cheese nut, so what the hell. Woot hasn’t steered me wrong yet except for Cool Beans, but we all have different tastes so I let that go…

We are a farmstead cheese company. We do not truck our milk in, we pump it straight from one of our milking cycles to make our cheese. Its made, cared for, and packaged all by hand…

i wont pay this for 2 pounds of cheese… at first i was thinking i would get the whole wheel and THAT would be worth it but not for 2 pounds. im savign my money sorry guys. let me know if its THAT good

Smells like Fumunda cheese when you cut it…

I think he meant like flavor-wise. It’s stated that they are hard and semi-hard, but not much else is revealed.

YES!! :happy:

http://tbn0.google.com/images?q=tbn:1TPU2ozIWhzWPM:http://img.thesun.co.uk/multimedia/archive/00120/ed_imgSNN1935Z_265x_120479a.jpg

me luvs cheez

http://icanhascheezburger.wordpress.com/files/2008/04/funny-pictures-mouse-has-cheese.jpg

And in for 1!

Hello There!
Our cheese will last for months in the fridge if cared for properly. Since the cheese you are buying will be wrapped seperately, you can open one and leave the other, say for a Christmas Party. It will still be wonderful into New Years! Your biggest hurdle will be keeping the cheese from drying out. Our Serena is aged 12-18 months and is dry, but will hold up well. Wrap in a plastic wrap, do not put it in a Ziplock, so that it can breathe :slight_smile:

We guarantee a shelf life of 6 months…

Well as much as my mouth is watering, I will have to resist buying this one. I really don’t need to be eating 2 lbs of cheese like this on my own, not to mention the fact I really shouldn’t spend the $30 to have it shipped. I really wish I could buy it though!

This is not wine!!!???

No offense, but these reactions are getting pretty old.

Crappy Cheese Comes From California… Would get if from Wisconsin…

Shhh, no one has noticed

Yeah, really. I can buy like 50 pounds of Velveeta for $30. I’m sure it would be just as good.

Oh, wait. I actually have taste. The real question isn’t if I’m going to be buying, but how much.

Okay, serious question for 3 Sisters (I love the ‘wheels of cows’ picture on your website, by the way. Beats my grandpa’s operation hands-down) -

I see these are raw milk cheeses. I find it difficult sometimes to find raw milk cheese due to the (excessive, in my opinion) health concerns. Have you had any problems from regulatory agencies regarding your cheeses because they are from raw milk?

isn’t there a specific “type” of cheese this should be. I know it’s their own variation… but what style is it?

It kinda just looks like Parmesan to me.