ThunderBell Pro Package by Teeter

After watching the video, I actually feel like the design is pretty smart and allows you to do a large combination of moves. If I watched the commercial and got an idea of what kind of moves you could do, and then saw the dumbbell alone on sale for <$30 I would maybe get it.

That being said, you have to remember that for the high price, you’re paying mostly for the workout DVDs… which lucky for us, the commercial shows tons of moves to get you started. These obviously aren’t muscle building moves. It’s just cardio/toning/core stuff, which isn’t very difficult to imagine various things to do. Youtube has no shortage of workout ideas you could simply incorporate this into the moves somehow.

With this sort of program, what’s most important to get results is that you’re moving.

In my opinion, for the full asking price of $100+shipping on the website, they should offer a choice of weight of more than 10 pounds. Not much more, because although 10 will seem like nothing at first, after a while of flinging it around it will begin to feel much heavier. But for men that are not strangers to working out, 15-20 may be better for more advanced moves.

[youtube=iozt28BvZzk][/youtube]

not to be confused with the “Thunderstick”

Hmmmmmm - Something heavy-ish with handles on each end? Couldn’t I just use an empty beer keg? One could develop their own graudating system. Start with a pony keg, work your way up.

At least building to the next weight class would be fun - and simple.

1. beer
  2. exercise
  3. Return to step 1

Good morning, folks!

The buyer has asked me to send along this information on the weight:

Is 10lbs enough weight to challenge me?
When variables such as speed of movement, balance, leverage, and momentum are integrated with the body’s reaction with gravity, 10 lbs is a considerable amount of weight that will challenge even the strongest of individuals. Your body will have to respond to both centripetal and centrifugal forces simultaneously – it’s intense! The ultimate challenge in the program comes from your body’s adaptation to reacting forces and spreading the forces associated to the muscles and joints as a whole. You will be challenged as the ThunderBell program progressively adjusts variables of speed, range of motion, rhythm, exercise sequence, and intensity. The ThunderBell is not a traditional weight or program – you will utilize it in ways you’ve never dreamed possible and will get in the best shape of your life.

Centripetal AND centrifugal – at the same time! Sounds tough, and also sciency.

195x264

http://mrbarlow.files.wordpress.com/2010/01/iz-goin-to-do-science.jpg[/img]

This would go great with The SquareMaster!

Think I will stick to my 12 oz curl routine, it’s done me well over the years. I’m in shape, round is a shape.

$100 for a ten pound weight, no matter how well designed, is shameful. For a hundred bucks you could buy two ten-pound dumbbells, two ten-pound kettlebells, and still have LOADS of money left over.

Woot’s price here is a bit more reasonable, but like others have said, a good body weight workout like the ones you can find on YouTube will do more than enough. And it’ll be free.

I do a lot of walking and I’ll occasionally take a couple 8-pound dumbbells out with me. It’s amazing how much my arms hate me after half an hour of throwing them around while I walk. I can imagine this works pretty well if you follow through their workout program, though more for toning, endurance, and calorie burning than raw brute force.

On the other hand, I’m a tightwad and don’t really want to spend $50 on a workout program right now when walking at the park is free. :slight_smile:

I wonder how many people knocked themselves out with that over-head move during the promo video shoot.

Seems overpriced for what you get. You could probably use a dumbbell for most of the moves.

I really wish people would stop using the word “toning” like it’s an actual concept and not a meaningless marketing buzzword.

Muscle tone comes from low body fat, not doing 58 bicep curls with 5-lb. dumbbells (that goes by another phrase: “utter waste of time”).

So while I’ll agree that if this little gadget gets someone to work out as opposed to sitting on the couch all day, then it’s great. But the marketing materials are just so misleading (then again, most of the materials for gadgets tend to be).

LOL wow. I had an open mind about this and then read “centripetal and centrifugal” which immediately proved everything is BS.

Yeah, it’s not like we sold infomercial products back in 2004…

Internet Archive from October 2004

The function of the ThunderBell isn’t at all comparable with equipment like the Shake Weight. With the 7-grip design, you are able to incorporate a wide variety of different types of the most time-proven exercise training tools without ever having to set it down - seamlessly transitioning and incorporating endless combinations of the most effective forms and types of exercises and exercise equipment. This means you can accomplish a lot in a short amount of time, maintaining momentum and intensity for an effective, total body workout experience. The ThunderBell Training Program works on your balance, coordination, flexibility, mobility, stability, agility, strength, power, isolation, compound, momentum, and circular patterns. The patent-pending design of the ThunderBell means you can use it like the following types of exercise equipment: Dumbbells, Kettlebells, Barbells, Medicine Balls, Free Weights, Abdominal/Core, and Cables.

I love Thunderbell! When I got my Thunderbell, I made a commitment and stayed with the program for a full 90 days. My results were amazing!!! I’m very proud to say that I lost 34 pounds in 90 days.

I’ve read some of the other comments and I know that 10lbs doesn’t sound like a lot of weight, but DVD program combined with the weight is a REALLY tough workout.

I’ll be honest, I hate to work out because I get bored and stop half way through. I don’t have that problem with Thunderbell!! Before I know it, the DVD is over. I’m left absolutely exhausted and covered in sweat.

I’m a somewhat doughy 5’4" girl, and when I started with kettlebells the very tiniest one we had was 12 lbs. Nowadays I usually have a 16-20 lbs bell in each hand. Whatever you do with a ten pound weight, you can do a better exercise with NO weight and save the money. When was the last time you need help carrying ten pounds of anything? If you’re going to lift something, lift heavy. Just because it makes you tired doesn’t mean it’s actually making you better. This is junk.

0 posts and you’ve got a testimonial to add all the sudden… That’s funny…

I’m definitely swayed now…

The workouts that come with the ThunderBell are literally based on the training philosophy found in the US Navy SEALs human performance initiative and program that Jeremy Levine developed. The ThunderBell’s balanced design, with a variety of gripping points and correctly-leveraged hand positions, allows the joints to remain properly positioned and neutral to minimize the chance of injury and creates real-world, functional, dynamic strength with motion. The ThunderBell gives you just the right leverage to integrate circular and spiral movement patterns that flow with, as opposed to fight, the body’s natural interaction with gravity. The ThunderBell is like a steering wheel for the body, allowing you to “drive” through endless dynamic movement patterns, sequencing all major muscle groups.