time problems and questions

Ok I’m a bit of a newbie when it comes to woot. I have yet to buy anything because nothing has really caught me…that or I can never see it until it’s too late! I live in the eastern time zone and I know Woot is in the central time zone. Thats one hour difference. So I should come on and start looking at 1:00am eastern time. But several times I’ve been on here at 1:00 and waited as long as fifteen minutes and the woot item never changed. And yes it was supposed to change it wasn’t a weekend. I’m wondering if the update is just late some days or maybe it’s a problem on my side. So has anyone else in a differing time zone had similar problems? Should I expect to wait a little longer?

edit: wow, anothering thing I just noticed. Right now it’s 10:37am eastern but my post says that it was posted at around 3:30pm…where does that come from? Thats not UTC is it?

I’m on the Eastcoast. Go to your profile and under “forum options”, ste the time zone choice to "GMT -05:00 hrs/ Eastern Time to synch up the forum time.

As for the new woot, I don’t know why you aren’t seeing the new item if you’re refreshing the homepage @ 1a.m.like the rest of us Eastcoasters.

you might try holding the shift key when you hit the refresh button.
it’s possible that you’re just seeing a cached version of the page for some reason.
holding shift will make it re-download the whole page.

Oh yeah, good point, lol. ( I use ctrl+F5. Same thing to clear the cache?)

yeah, ctrl+f5 seems to work, but my hand doesn’t spread that far naturally. [:P]
i usually use ctrl-R to refresh, and ctrl-shift-R to clear cache.
that’s much easier on the wrist. [;)]

[quote user=“GallopingCow”]yeah, ctrl+f5 seems to work, but my hand doesn’t spread that far naturally. [:P]
that’s much easier on the wrist. [;)][/quote]
Hmmm, maybe you need to exercise your delicate bovine wrists.

[quote user=“gimmaroon”][quote user=“GallopingCow”]yeah, ctrl+f5 seems to work, but my hand doesn’t spread that far naturally. [:P]
Hmmm, maybe you need to exercise your delicate bovine wrists.[/quote]
that’s easy for you to say.
you have opposable thumbs!

[quote user=“gimmaroon”][quote user=“GallopingCow”]yeah, ctrl+f5 seems to work, but my hand doesn’t spread that far naturally. [:P]

Do bovine even have wrists??? :wink:

[quote user=“peteromans11”][quote user=“gimmaroon”][quote user=“GallopingCow”]yeah, ctrl+f5 seems to work, but my hand doesn’t spread that far naturally. [:P]

Do bovine even have wrists??? ;)[/quote]
nope, but i make up for all of these things in other areas.

I’m on the Eastcoast. Go to your profile and under “forum options”, ste the time zone choice to "GMT -05:00 hrs/ Eastern Time to synch up the forum time.

As for the new woot, I don’t know why you aren’t seeing the new item if you’re refreshing the homepage @ 1a.m.like the rest of us Eastcoasters.

http://img116.exs.cx/img116/934/z0tdntknw.gif

you might try holding the shift key when you hit the refresh button.
it’s possible that you’re just seeing a cached version of the page for some reason.
holding shift will make it re-download the whole page.

Oh yeah, good point, lol. ( I use ctrl+F5. Same thing to clear the cache?)

yeah, ctrl+f5 seems to work, but my hand doesn’t spread that far naturally. [:P]
that’s much easier on the wrist. [;)]

Hmmm, maybe you need to exercise your delicate bovine wrists.

that’s easy for you to say.
you have opposable thumbs!

Do bovine even have wrists??? :wink:

nope, but i make up for all of these things in other areas.

. . . nutrients, even . . .