Timex T58501 Ironman Triathlon Speed + Distance GPS Watch

Maybe if it had a built in woot alarm… and no to the earilier comment, the i want one always seems to bounce when an item is first put up

SO close to being a Woot I’d like.

I have a watch from this fine company, but it’s the Data-Link model, not the Speed/Distance GPS. Data-Link watch + computer + college + the desire to not actually learn the BS they feed you in Gen-Ed courses + less-than-bright professors = the greatest cheating device ever known to man.

If the Woot had actually been the Data-Link, I would have bought 2 + IMed about 30 people letting them know their cheating Godsend had arrived. But it’s not to be today, I guess.

Tag Heur > Ironman
I’ll keep my computers and timepieces serparated thank you.

Who cares what the froogle price is, this is crap!!! How about a $5 stopwatch???

bought this full price when it was new… does NOT work under most normal circumstances becuase the signal is often lost.

This may have been a more impulsive purchase had it been around New Years, but almost everyone has broken that whole ‘losing weight’ resolution. Timings off Woot.

will it keep track of me when i am on my treadmill?

i don’t get it…really…i DON’T GET IT? Why, woot Why? …would anyone…serious runner or not…really want this thing?

I wouldn’t do a podcast either after the insults Matthew was getting yesterday. Matt, I personally enjoy the podcasts and look forward to them every night. Keep em coming.

i think its safe to say that this has one of the best lines ever…“if you dont have a wait or arms…”

GENIUS!

Just did a triathlon this past Sunday, and something like this could have really helped, especially during the bike portion. It was a .25 mile swim, 12 mile bike, 5000m run (basically a fun triathlon), and I was aiming to finish in under an hour. If I knew how fast I was going during the bike portion, I would have known how much I’d have to pick it up (if any) when the wind was at my back to make up for when I was going against the wind and just trying to maintain my speed.

You were being sarcastic right? Cause you wouldn’t actually be moving on a treadmill, you’d want a pedometer.

I have haad one of these watches before. The watch and battery are fine. The watchband will self destruct inside of 6 months.

Not interested in a $85 wristwatch. Luckily I stayed up because of something else.

With all the extra little things it can do and it can’t even make a nice smoothie or toast a bagel?

Geez.

I want to buy it - is it worth it? I am an occasianal jogger.

Whoa Woot. I want a cheap BOC not just a b.o.c. GPS is in everything now. Even in my laptop. To bad you couldnt combine the GPS watch with Clock FRMS two pack from yesterday in one unit and at yesterdays price… Then it might be worth my time. Untill the next cheap woot, Im out of here for the night.

Oh Great! Now if I was just the Six Million Dollar Man!

People, PLEASE! If you happen to drag your cursor on or even in close proximity to the “I WANT ONE” balloon, it will interact and appear to move, but it is simply RESPONDING TO YOUR CURSOR! Nothing is bouncing, excepting a few lone brain cells out there in Woot land! :wink:

It was bouncing when they first posted it…must have been an error