Timex Weekender - Your Choice

I see they have Indiglo, anyone know which ones have the hands that glow and which ones you have to press a button to see at night?

I prefer the ones that glow.

Thanks

Indiglo on any of these?

Awesome watches

They all have Indiglo, you have to press the side button for it to light. The hands don’t glow, not on the white faced ones anyway. Not sure about the black faced ones.

T2N654 is the one to have in my opinion. They don’t have that one here but you can get it for $28 on Amazon. With free shipping, that’s like $23 on Woot, so really only $8 more ($15+$8=$23). The most popular NATO band styles are 651 (for the real military guys and gals), 654, 649, and 747.

Half price isn’t good enough? If you go to a brick and mortar jewelry store, some jerk will charge you $15 just to change your watch battery.

Anybody ever use a tachymeter for either speed or distance?

Half off would be good enough, but it’s not really half off of anything.

Here it is on Amazon for $26.59:

http://www.amazon.com/Timex-T2N647-Weekender-Watch-Black/dp/B004VR9GCQ/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1378553886&sr=8-1&keywords=timex+weekender

Woot Price i $14.99.

Amazon total price = $26.59
Woot total price = $19.99

($26.59-$19.99)/$26.59 = 25%

And for that 25% discount, I have to purchase TODAY and can’t return it if I decide I don’t like it. 25% is a pretty good deal, but like I said, not good enough for me to pull the trigger. I may still buy it, but I definitely have to think about it longer.

The relative cost of this deal improves significantly if you order three to drop the shipping price per item by two-thirds. Then you would have one watch for each arm, and a spare in case you grow another limb.

The pictures appear to show a date feature on the White/Black, Black/Brown, and Black/Black watches. But no mention of this in the Features or Specs.

which of these watches are women’s watches? I have a very small wrist and a men’s watch definitely won’t fit me… don’t want to accidentally buy the wrong one!

Now THIS is what’s killing me about Woot: the errors, omissions, and discrepancies in the listings.

It’s not very new, but it’s definitely worse since Amazon time. A mistake from a tiny company was understandable, and Woot would apologize out the wazoo and do things like offer to cancel orders for people who clicked before the correct info was listed. But now it’s a HUGENORMOUS company, and the attitude is “oh yeah, a mistake, whatevs.”

Three different styles of watch here are being called “white” (or “black”) with no comment on how the tachymeter, date, hands and numbers are different. If the products are that different, do not call them all “white”! Use the damn product numbers! Why should I have to scrutinize the pictures – which is the only place that shows the differences – to realize that if I buy white/purple web, I’m not getting the white watch face shown in the main picture with a purple web band?

They’ll probably fit, but they are very small watches, so they might look a bit “delicate” on your wrist. They’re too small for my taste. They are marketed as being “unisex” for the most part, but they really are closer to most women’s watches in size.

Here’s some pretty straight tachymeter info.
It’s also useful to mark parking meter time.

They are 20MM lugs, and will take thicker leather NATO bands fine.

I was thinking about purchasing the White with Brown Calf skin but there is no picture of it! How am I supposed to be ok buying it if I cant see it

If I buy three, can it be three different watches, or does it have to be three of the same watch?

I have two of the weekender series; a leather banded one and one with a a steel band. I really like them and both are just great low profile everyday watches. The one caveat I have is they tick really loud. As in loud enough that I put them in a drawer at night

Well I would assume it is the one that is mislabeled as “White w/White Calf Skin” but you never know for sure.

And by the way, this model is listed as a “women’s watch” when I Google it.

UPDATE: It has now been corrected to say “White w/Brown Calf Skin”.

Any idea what watches intended for women or men?

Find the model and Google it. The one I was looking at turned out to be a women’s watch for whatever that means.

UPDATE: Well for example, model T2N642 is listed as a women’s watch with a “pink” band on Newegg while here it is listed as a “red” band.

The one my wife liked is men’s watch (Timex Weekender T2N639) :frowning: