Timex Weekender - Your Choice

For Christmas I bought my wife one of these. It’s exactly the same style as in the first posted video review but with the fusia band. I love everything about the look. My wife hates everything about the look (also it didn’t have the date window).
It is very big. Since the wife hates the sight of it, I use it in my bathroom as a clock.
It does tick quite loudly, I don’t think it is too loud. But sometimes I forget that it is in my bathroom until I hear a noticeable ticking and I say to myself “What is that ticking? Why is Captain Hook’s croc watching me brush my teeth?!!!” I look around the bathroom and then see the watch and say “oh yes, that gorgeous thing.”
I really wish my wife liked it. I think it is sporty, stylish, maybe not elegant but definitely classy, and sexy all wrapped up into one.

Good question! I made an assumption that it is cause that’s my plan. But you know what happens when you assume, it makes a donkey out of me, and I don’t mean a democrat! But being the std. case I would assu … Oops, not again!

I forgot to mention in my earlier post…

After my wife rejected it, I then tried to give it to my mom. At least she put it on, then we both saw it just didn’t look right because of being so big on her (she’s on the smaller side). She’s the one who asked if I needed a clock somewhere.

Why I wear a Timex:

25 Years ago, I made some money, enough to finally buy my wife a really nice ring that cost around $1,000. It still looks great and, because it is a genuine designer item, holds its value well.

I decided to buy a lower-end Rolex for about the same price, but at the last minute got fascinated by the $1,000 Canon-Xapshot, an early sort-of digital camera. Now found on eBay (parts only) for $10.

That’s why I wear a Timex.

I got this one on a previous Woot, the one with the black nylon band. The ticking is insanely loud for a watch. I’m sitting in my quiet apartment, and I can hear it from my pencil case inside my backpack a few feet away. Plus, mine arrived broken and they charged me $8 to fix it. The nylon band is also garbage. I can’t recommend this one.

I’d like to see one with a date and expansion band. And smaller than a wall clock.

I’ve no idea how folks can wear a strap band watch. If I had to wear one of those I’d just leave it home. Always in the way and always annoying.

I see a disturbing lack of NATO band Weekender watches in this Woot. I have a Weekender with a selection of band colors. Nice alternative to the huge, gaudy things they call watches these days. If I’m going to wear a watch that makes me look like a clownshoe, it better be telling me the temperature and take my pulse.

I’ve been ‘watching’ for some good time pieces that aren’t over priced or can be found elsewhere for the same thing with free shipping…
These definitely have good reviews and the price is great, best I found on a couple was 30$ on one and 45 on another.

At these prices, folks should get a couple of them!

Sorry, I know this question gets asked over and over, but:

I picked up one of the Timex’s at the start of the sale, and now want to buy another – any way Woot can pool the two purchases and drop the second $5 shipping charge?

-Matt

I used to wear Timex watches all the time back when I was younger. For awhile I stopped wearing watches but now that cell phones aren’t allowed out at work, it’s time to go back to wearing one. I am glad that at these prices, I can make that watch a Timex.

I wear only Timex b/c they have stainless steel bands & cases & I am allergic to nickel. I can’t wear many watch brands because they include nickel in either bands or cases, or both.

To the people who say they tick too loudly…I guess you never wore a Swatch? Now that was a loud watch, but the cool factor was so high we didn’t care. :smiley:

I’m not into huge watches so I think I will pass on this offer but Timex gets my vote, every time.

My problem is the NOT ticking. Both Timex watches I bought, one here, one elsewhere, died after a few months of light use. Should have sent back as they were within warranty but I am lazy.

I think that the women’s woven wristband and the men’s woven band versions are mixed up in the descriptions. The hands that are black and glow-in-the-dark is the men’s I think and the hands that are silver is the women’s. Which one would I get if I ordered the men’s version?

NATO bands are slipped through the spring bars. You’d need a springbar tool to remove the metal strap.

I got one of the purple/white ones the last time these were up on woot - I have a very small wrist and it does look big, but it fits and I use it for clinicals in nursing school (I’m an LPN getting my RN) and it’s perfect. I will say that the nylon has unraveled a bit around the eyelet that the hook goes through but it’s not breaking, it just looks a little ragged, I suspect the other nylon bands may have similar issues. The other problem is that it ticks SO LOUD it seriously drove me crazy for about a week until I realized that I could only wear it when I’m not in a quiet area, and of course it’s sitting on my table next to me and I can hear the ticking now because I thought about it. tick. tick. tick.

I picked up one of pastel blue ones this go around so I can switch out or if I need a smaller sized watch.

Maybe it won’t be as loud.

Tick. Tick. Tick.

/screams.

So you’re saying the stainless strap could be taken off (with the right tools) and a NATO put on in its place?

I don’t actually wear watches, but I do have two of the Weekenders with the nylon straps. I wore a watch for the first time today in years. The Weekenders with the cream face are classics. Very simple, clean lines with a thin case and small diameter. I have skinny wrists so I can’t get away with watches with a huge face, not to mention I just find huge watches gaudy. For $14.95 I couldn’t pass up them up, I’ll probably swap the stainless steel bands for nylon straps. I picked up the limit of 5, figure they might make good gifts as well.

Just recieved my men’s metal watch and the band is garbage. It looks super-cheap and the steel is so soft the links bend when you try to tap out the pins, even using jeweler’s tools. The good news is you can take it off (use a flat eyeglass screwdriver or even a needle from the back) and use Timex NATO bands.

Received Weekender Watch in January and it lasted just over 2 months, then stopped working. Called Timex and they want $8 to repair, plus shipping and insurance. Unacceptable. Does Woot sell old merchandise that the battery could have died already? Has anyone else had this problem?

I just called Timex because my watch died after 2 months. Timex wants $8, plus I have to pay shipping and insurance. Not a Woot deal to me.