Titleist Pro V1 or V1x Golf Balls – 12

Check again! Shopko is cheaper and chances are you can just go and get them NOW. Rather than waiting three weeks for Smartpost to deliver them.

do these get schweddy?

Because these most likely spent the last year or so at the bottom of a lake. Plus the disclaimer is a bit scary:

PROV1/PROV1X Mid-Grade Quality
Good Condition - These recycled golf balls may have slight blemishes and minor discoloration. No cuts are included. These golf balls may also include some player markings, team and corporate logos. These balls are similar to a ball that has been played for 9 holes and the flight characteristics are not compromised.

I love pro v1’s but I’m staying away from this one.

As a former competitive golfer, I bought 3 dozen of the Pro V1x’s in early February when they were on sellout.woot. Those were “Refinished mint” and worth every penny, but I can’t speak to the condition of these.

Proven science: Recycled golf balls achieve 9% LESS distance than new balls. This is due to the recycled balls being exposed to things such as water logging, as well as damaged dimples that result in increased drag.

I dunno, maybe you can all hit a ball 500 yards and are OK with losing 45 yards, but personally, I’d rather maintain maximum distance. Yes, every time I lose a Callaway Warbird I curse myself and the 4 dollars I just threw away, but at least I’ll get the most out of every feeble swing I make with them.

Pass.

Balls. That is alls.

I can see your point, going the maximum distance with my balls is important to me too.

These are top of the line balls, but “recycled” does basically mean that they got dredged out of the lake. These balls will do just fine compared to others in the price range, but very serious golfers will likely see a noticeable performance difference between new and recycled Pro V1s.

Impress your girl with a Titleist.

Are these compatible with most ball washing machines? I wash mine in the shower, and occasionally on the course, just wondering…

A bit more information, I myself am a mid-handicapper and I will be grabbing three of these for when I’m knocking around the course. I’ll play new in a tournament.

If you’re unsure of which to choose, Titleist has a very cool web-based app to help you find the best ball for your game.

Just in a very basic sense, if you have very high swing speed you’re going to want to go with the Pro V1x because you’ll get more distance and a better trajectory due to the lower spin. If you have a slower swing speed you’ll want the Pro V1. Also, if you live in a warmer or more arid climate you’re going to want to play Pro V1s because they will bite the harder green surfaces you’ll be facing.

Important to note, if you’re a high handicapper you need to expect to lose distance (10-30 yards) when playing Pro V1 or Pro V1x because you likely do not have a high enough swing speed to achieve the necessary compression. That said, most beginner and intermediate golfers rack up the majority of their strokes in their short game and these will help you stop closer to your target and really increase your feel when putting. So overall you should see a net benefit of anywhere from 3-5 strokes depending on your level of play. Possibly more if your <75 game suffers from greenside ball control.

A man boarded a bus with both of his front pockets full of golf balls, and sat down next to, of all people a beautiful blonde. The blonde kept looking quizzically at him and his bulging pockets.

Finally, after many such glances from her, he said, "It's golf balls."

Nevertheless, the blonde continued to look at him thoughtfully and finally, not being able to contain her curiosity any longer, asked, "Does it hurt as much as tennis elbow?"

Ahh, gotcha. I normally play new V1x’s but I was just curious because this is a really good price. Thanks!

They say the biggest business deals in the country were made on the gulf course. Them guy’s must have had the RIGHT balls. I wonder if they were Titleist Pro V1 or V1x Golf Balls?? I gotta know. Help.

These are useful if you’d like to play golf.

Buddy bought these last time and one of them cracked when he hit it. Cracked! Never saw that before. Cracked us up, to say the least.

I haven’t played much golf, but is it OK to play with your teammate’s balls? Or is it better just to play with your own balls? I’m just so new, why just last week I missed a spectacular hole-in-one by only six strokes.

You wouldn’t. These are pretty much the same as using what was a new ball on its second round. There are other “refinished” proV’s that actually mess with the cover. These do not. They are simply very well cleaned.

The refinished ones do not play well. But these play just as well as the proV1 I used yesterday. It was new on Friday. Today it had some wear and tear, but still performed well right up until I hit it into the weeds. (I shot an 80, 42-38)

I’m in for 3 dozen.

Yea, the main point of the pro V1’s (why ppl shell out the money) is for the short game. A 2-piece ball will give you a longer drive anyways. So if you’re looking for length, there are plenty of cheap balls. This is for the game around the green. Ever notice with the cheapies when you hit the green with a 9 or wedge and the ball keeps rolling all the way off? This will do more to stop the ball where it lands, giving the golfer more control around the green. If you suck anyways (I have a 22 handicap), you will lose the ball before the cover gets messed up. I have noticed that these covers will scar easily if you hit a really great shot. This is when the grooves of the wedge actually compress the urethane cover of the ball and form it to the face of the club for a split second, cutting the ball at impact, creating the spin, but leaving a few cuts in the cover. 17 for a dozen balls (or 14 if you buy three) is a great price for any balls. But, I have seen some really crappy used balls before. Don’t know - Don’t care – In for 3. Although the homeless/jobless are all over the munis that I play selling my balls back to me for much cheaper.

If I am gonna hit used balls I would prolly go cheaper.