TiVo HD DVR

I’m in - can’t wait to hook up Home Media Option and watch all the Chilly S episodes on the internets.

I’ve got a TiVo (2nd Gen) and I love it … I can’t believe they’re selling one on woot :stuck_out_tongue:

does this still require subscriptions service?

It’s only for cable. It has a cable tuner and two cable card slots.

cablecards are FCC mandated, AFAIK.

What’s the price for a year’s worth of service? Any lifetime service plans?

Not all DVR services are alike… TiVo is top-notch and the OS doesn’t compare to 99% of the cable-provider DVRs.

No DirecTV = No w00t for me!

This will work great on cable…with a CableCard they start at $1.50 per month for some providers but you’d need to check with your cable provider to verify how much it will cost you. However you will need either 1 M-Card or 2 S-Cards…check the TiVo Community forums on this…

Can you get a lifetime subscription with this?

and what was that blu ray won out to hd comment about lol
A bit comfused they are I think.

“…save up to 20 hours of programming…”? what? explain this…even my Tivo dinosaur from 2006 gets up to 80 hours.

Tivo’s customer service is the absolute worst. We paid for the lifetime season pass subscription. Ours crapped out and stopped downloading the programming information while in the warranty period. I called 4 or 5 times. Each time, it took 30-45 minutes to speak to someone. When I did finally get through, they kept insisting that it was my fault (e.g., that my DSL line was interfering, etc.). This was despite the fact that we had been using it for several months with DSL & no problems.

We now have DVR service through Comcast. I will never do business with Tivo again.

OMG I was going to go pick up one of these from Frys next weekend for $300. Thank you so much woot.

Great woot! Too bad you can’t use it with DirecTv or I’d be all over this one.

It can record from QAM, however, it won’t pick up the programming guide unless you have a cable card.

It will get the program guide for analog cable and OTA broadcasts without a cable card.

Another person needing to know if I can use this with DirecTV.

I have a DirecTV in one room but it is not HDTV. I have an HDTV in the living room but not DVR. I would be on this like white on rice if I can use it with my direcTV service.

Reviews… Lots of reviews …

http://www.retrevo.com/s/Tivo-TCD652160-DVRs-review-manual/id/3125ci668/t/1-2/

Is TiVO service required? I hae a 2nd Gen TiVO box that works without a monthly service charge…

I already watch WAY too much TV. Don’t need to add to the problem.

WHAAAAAA!

I need it for DirecTV (their system blows! Tivo RULES)