TiVo Premiere DVR

Reviews… linky…

A great deal if you pay the $300 for the lifetime service contract.

Great product and great price. However remember that TIVO requires a monthly service charge. You can’t just hook it up and start recording stuff.

I have an old TiVo with lifetime contract. If I get this HD one I’d have to get me a new contract, right?

Lifetime my butt!

I bought a few of these on sellout. Little tip, call Tivo to activate this. Some people were reporting the only option they had was a monthly subscription for $19.95 or could not put lifetime service on it if they tried activation online.

Another tip, when you call, tell them you bought this on woot and is not part of their $19.95 a month deal they have going on now. First tivo will cost you $12.95 a month, or $129 a year, or $400 lifetime subscription.

If you already have a Tivo, you’re looking at 9.99 a month, or $99 a year, or $300 liftetime.

No you cannot use it as a DVR without a Tivo subscription

Yes it will work with OTA but the reception depends on your location

Yes, your cable provider will supply multistreaming cards. If they tell you otherwise, tell them you’ll call the FCC and tell them they are not complying with current laws. Then again the customer care rep may not care. If so, hang up, call again and hopefully you’ll get someone who knows what they are talking about.

No this will not work for satalite subscribers. Some contractual agreement thing I guess.

And no you cannot transfer subcriptions from one tivo to another.

Can someone tell me how much this went for?

$69

$69? Dangit! Missed it. (And yes I know about the subscription. I already have a TiVo HD XL.)