TiVo Roamio OTA Digital Video Recorder

The OTA model was $50 brand new! Amazon had a OTA + lifetime subscription for $299 just a month ago. OTA is being phased out for Bolt.

$34 is not a deal when you factor in a $15/mo subscription. It is also not worth it to keep it for parts. You can upgrade the HDD of any Roamio with a larger capacity AV HDD.

Bottom line the OTA is not a deal.

Not sure if the Mini is the current version or the old Mini. If current with both IR and RF, it is a deal.

Please recap:
Subscription?
Cable or antenna?
Any other pertinent info.
Thanks

I have a TiVo series 2 which I love and now Cox Cable requires a cable box to decode the HD so my TiVo stop working since it cannot change channels automatically something to do ir. Will this one work?

I bought one of these thru Amazon with a lifetime subscription and had one hell of a time getting the box setup thru Tivo. Basically Tivo said that Amazon didnt activate the lifetime subscription and they needed to replace my Tivo with one that did. Has anyone else run into a similar issue?

Woot & TiVo:

I think I’ve seen this offer before and, as before, the lack of an option for lifetime subscription makes this deal pretty unattractive. Please consider offering a TiVo with lifetime subscription included.

Thanks.

Lots of questions, I’ll try to take them one at a time:

*The TiVo service is a critical component of TiVo. It provides a program guide, the ablility to use OnePass and OneSearch, online scheduling, and enables many of TiVo’s TrickPlay functions.

*The TiVO requires an internet connection to get the program guide, updates, and to receive the TiVo service.

*The TiVo Roamio OTA can record and playback 720p

*This TiVo Roamio OTA has 4 tuners. You can watch a different live TV program while up to 3 others are being recorded (or 4 if you are watching saved content not using a tuner)

*There are some shops that do hard drive repair and replacement. TiVo doesn’t do them directly except through certain instances of the warranty process.

Miramagirl - 4 Tuners.

KWjong - the Roamio Plus is a 6-tuner model, so I don’t think the HDD of the Roamio OTA could be swapped into a Plus.

A subscription is required at $14.99 per month with a 1 year commitment.

OTA antenna only.

cmia - This model only receives HD Over-the-air (OTA) transmissions. Many other TiVo units will work with Cox Cable - replacing their cable box. The new BOLT is spectacular, check out the revivews.

I’ve been a Tivo owner for years. I recently switched to Century Link and, while I was considering a Tivo Bolt, I went with the Century Link DVR simply because I couldn’t figure out what it would take to get the Tivo Bolt with Century Link.

Why make it so difficult to understand?

I love TiVo. I had premiere units for a long time and they worked great and were worlds better than my cable co provided DVR units.

That Said, I was only paying $14 total per month for 2 units (Grandfathered). $15/mo with a year commitment is just asinine. I’d love to get one of these but I only receive 5 channels OTA so I’m paying $3/mo per channel per box for programming data and updates.

But… It’s not like you can go anywhere else. Their interface is the best and most user friendly so I gotta give them that. But wow “dat cost”…