TiVo Series 1 120 Hour Digital Video Recorder

Welcome to the TiVo Series 1 120 Hour Digital Video Recorder topic page for this product on Wednesday, July 21th. Please post your questions, experiences, or pricing comments for the TiVo here.

got one :slight_smile:

thanks again woot - will make a perfect wedding present

My newly surround-sounded guestroom will have to wait for the DirecTiVo woot, I suppose. (And, I knew I wasn’t the only one sitting here hitting reload, sirwanksalot.)

:? I order the Aspire surround system last night, according to everyone they get a tracking number, All i have is comfirmation number how do i track or expect my item with the comfirmation number? this is my first time buying here so please help, thank you.

Duplicate

Does anyone know what software version is on this TIVO?

And also what is the model number for this TIVO Series 1?

Can this unit work without subscription?

afaik you need a subscription for the series 1

As usual, this is a great deal. However, just as an FYI: TiVo has refurb series2 for $49…though only 40hr

http://www.tivo.com/2.0.1.asp

Also, a subscription is not absolutely required with any TiVo. Though the functionality is severely reduced without one. The 1/2 hour buffer will still work and therefore you can pause and rewind live TV. You may also record shows manually but the title info will not be available.

That $49 dollar unit is only after a $50 mail-in rebate for use with subscriptions. And I imagine there is a hack to get titles and times; other programs for TiVo-like PVR functionality exist, like MythTV for Linux.

Doesn’t this violate the laws of woot! ?

RCG:
The answer to your question is no. To the best of my understanding, this does not violate any laws of Woot.

What IS prohibited is a reference to a lower price site where you have some financial gain.

The message was “on topic” and included “a lower price found or a product review.”

Hey, can anyone tell me what model# this is?

I just signed up my account and placed an order. Am I suppose to receive a email from you only when the item ships or do you send a confirmation email for the order? Just wondering if my order went through. Thanks.

Gotta say I was impressed the very first time I saw the WOOT! website. Great concept, simple to use and PHENOMENAL deals! I was, however, a little distraught when the 650W home theater system sold out before I ever saw it!! grrrr.
Well, anyway, thiis is the best deal out there on TiVo. And for all you gadget heads out there, the Series one is the most hackable version of TiVo, so you will be able to ad features and functionality.
My first WOOT! SCORE!

Is it me or is this site’s credit card processing flawed.

I’ve been trying for the past 30 minutes to purchase the TiVo, but it keeps on giving me a “You must enter the Credit Card Number.” error, even though I did enter a credit card number.

The odd thing is that I’ve tried to purchase it in multiple browsers* on both PC and Mac and it still doesn’t work.

Has anyone else had this problem?

• Safari, Firefox on Mac, Internet Explorer on Mac, Firefox on PC, Internet Explorer on PC

Any way to list the prices of the past… to see the deals we missed out on :?:

Nope, I don’t think it’s just you, I had the same experience. The site is really weird and not particularly user friendly. Already missed my first attempt at ordering, one down, we’ll see if it works the next time. Hope that you Woot! folks have a look at the site’s mechanics and make it a little easier to place an order, (would be nice to be able to modify my profile & credit card info, duh…) otherwise a great concept!
I think that once you’ve set your prefs you’re screwed if you made any kind of mistake (not hard given the weird login/subscription setup). I’m thinking to try a new login/pass and prefs and see if that works any better. Would also be nice to have some type of contact info for the most rudimentary support.

[quote user=“nakedgremlin”]Is it me or is this site’s credit card processing flawed.

I’ve been trying for the past 30 minutes to purchase the TiVo, but it keeps on giving me a “You must enter the Credit Card Number.” error, even though I did enter a credit card number.

The odd thing is that I’ve tried to purchase it in multiple browsers* on both PC and Mac and it still doesn’t work.

Has anyone else had this problem?

• Safari, Firefox on Mac, Internet Explorer on Mac, Firefox on PC, Internet Explorer on PC[/quote]

This site’s credit card processing is flawed,
but I was able to order

Try this it worked for me.
:arrow: Basically choose the
“Save your credit card info for future purchase” option and your order should go thru

Did woot notify us that these tivos are refurbished? I was expecting new units…