TiVo Series 1 60 Hour Digital Video Recorder

[quote user=“gimmaroon”][quote user=“JeffW”]What price was the Tivo going for while it was up?

Thx![/quote]

[size=14:fa751805c9]$79.99[/size:fa751805c9]
[color=blue:fa751805c9]Did anyone save the information that was posted? If so, could you post it, but if not, do you remember any information that was given about it? I purchased it without reading anything and would like to read about it now.

Any tidbits would be appreciated…I think it was refurbished.

This can be used along with a VCR, right? Does anyone know?[/color][/quote]

Yes, it can be used with a VCR. If it is like my ReplayTV, you can copy the shows you’ve recorded onto a VCR tape if you want to keep them forever

[quote user=“MarkWade”][quote user=“gimmaroon”][quote user=“JeffW”]What price was the Tivo going for while it was up?

Thx![/quote]

[size=14:6083ccda98]$79.99[/size:6083ccda98]
[color=blue:6083ccda98]Did anyone save the information that was posted? If so, could you post it, but if not, do you remember any information that was given about it? I purchased it without reading anything and would like to read about it now.

Any tidbits would be appreciated…I think it was refurbished.

This can be used along with a VCR, right? Does anyone know?[/color][/quote]

Yes, it can be used with a VCR. If it is like my ReplayTV, you can copy the shows you’ve recorded onto a VCR tape if you want to keep them forever.[/quote]

[color=blue:6083ccda98]Thanks sooo much![/color

[quote user=“gimmaroon”][color=blue:e41aa70980]Did anyone save the information that was posted? If so, could you post it, but if not, do you remember any information that was given about it? I purchased it without reading anything and would like to read about it now.

Any tidbits would be appreciated…I think it was refurbished.[/color][/quote]
don’t miss your favorite shows while you’re away for the woot-off
$79.99

What is TiVo®? TiVo DVRs are like VCRs but with a hard disk and without the hassles of videotape. Think incredible digital quality. Think automatic recordings of your favorite shows all season long. So you can watch what you want, when you want. Plug into the future of home entertainment and dump all those mystery tapes. All your favorite shows are neatly labeled and ready for viewing via an easy to use on-screen menu.

TiVo is easy. TiVo is so easy, everyone in the house can use it. Think of TiVo as the Paris Hilton of electronics. Yes, it’s really that easy. Tell TiVo once, and it will record a whole season of your favorite shows automatically, without repeats. It can even pause live TV. Plus, rewind, slow-mo and instant replay (Janet Jackson anyone??). Any channel, anytime!

TiVo is smart too! TiVo learns what you like - say, golf, Hitchcock, or cooking - and records those shows automatically. (so maybe it’s not so much like Paris Hilton) Simple but powerful. No wonder TiVo is by far the most popular Digital Video Recorder (DVR) in the world.

Specifications:Maximum recording time - 60 hours on 60GB drive
Parental advisory ratings
1-touch recording
Video quality settings - Basic, medium, high, best
Instant replay
Frame advance/back
Condition: Refurbished
30 day woot.com warranty
Requires subscription to TiVo programming - check www.tivo.com for prices

Inputs/Outputs:
RF (CATV) input/output 1/1
Audio stereo output: 2 pair
Composite-video input/output: 1/2
S-video input/output: 1/1

In the box:
Philips Series 1 Tivo 60
Universal Remote with batteries
A/V cables
50’ Phone cord
Owners manual

[color=blue:121dc48ed5] Thanks, HMMWV and Woot …

hmmm, "Philips Series 1 Tivo 60 " <<<anyone?
I didn’t find much online about the Philips brand.

[/color]Whoa! Woot brings out the impulse buyer in me in the worst way!. :twisted:
…anyone interested in buying it; I’ll pay shipping? :frowning:

Hope people knew about this before purchasing. I built my own PVR which is far more flexible and not too terribly difficult to do. Not to mention no subscirption fee.

TiVo loses its MoJo
By Andrew Orlowski in San Francisco
Published Thursday 18th November 2004 09:20 GMT

Time shifting DVR pioneer TiVo will soon display pop-up ads when users attempt to skip commercials, the LA Times reports today. TiVo owners will still be able to fast forward, but will be forced to watch a billboard style ad on screen.

[quote user=“gimmaroon”][color=blue:14b5069db1]Did anyone save the information that was posted? If so, could you post it, but if not, do you remember any information that was given about it? I purchased it without reading anything and would like to read about it now.

Any tidbits would be appreciated…I think it was refurbished.[/color][/quote]

The description has already been posted, so here are woot’s pics:

[quote user=“gimmaroon”][color=blue:ab8213a77d] Thanks, HMMWV and Woot …

[/color]Whoa! Woot brings out the impulse buyer in me in the worst way!. :twisted:
…anyone interested in buying it; I’ll pay shipping? :([/quote]

Seriouslyseriously…anybody want mine? I don’t even watch much TV, so I don’t want the hassle of hooking this up and ordering the monthly service.
I kept clicking on items I ended up not being able to get, so I decided to click “I want one”, regardless of what item showed up on the screen. Damn you, WooT!

Robomonkey, not included. :wink:

Was this the fastest selling woot ever? It must have been gone in 3-4 minutes, before I was even able to check the subscription rates at tivo.com.

Anyway, Thanks woot! for a great day of woot-offs.

A perfect ending would have been a BOC… :wink:

This is a series 1 DVR. It is much easier to hack if you want to make changes, but it’s also my understanding that series 1 DVR’s like this one do not require a subscription for basic services. It still records up to three days in advance, not the 13 if you had a subscription, and will still pause fastforward and of course record without paying additional fees? I have a series 2 which has more features, but bought this series one for a second TV upstairs. I planned on using it in basic mode without having to pay Tivo.

I though the Woot only sells one item a day. Was this Tivo sold on Jan 21, 2005, Friday?
I only saw Uniden’s phone on sale around 7am (EST) on Friday morning. Does the Woot put up a new item as soon as the one before is sold out?

[quote user=“Glacier”]I though the Woot only sells one item a day. Was this Tivo sold on Jan 21, 2005, Friday?
I only saw Uniden’s phone on sale around 7am (EST) on Friday morning. Does the Woot put up a new item as soon as the one before is sold out?[/quote]

This was a woot-off, a special occurrence, which causes members to lose all common sense and spend money they do not have on things they do not need…but it’s a hell of a lot of fun! Read the FAQ for more details about woot-offs and the meaning of the purple flashing lights on the main page.

[color=blue:37fffd569c]Hmm, very interesting, but I live in Manhattan and don’t have a phone(land) line near my TV…[/color

[quote user=“gimmaroon”][quote user=“gimmaroon”][color=blue:b3eb6c481f] Thanks, HMMWV and Woot …

Seriouslyseriously…anybody want mine? I don’t even watch much TV, so I don’t want the hassle of hooking this up and ordering the monthly service.
I kept clicking on items I ended up not being able to get, so I decided to click “I want one”, regardless of what item showed up on the screen. Damn you, WooT!

Robomonkey, not included. :wink:[/quote]

Yeah, I’ll buy it from you. email me: nashvillehogfan (at) yahoo.com

[quote user=“gimmaroon”][quote user=“gimmaroon”][color=blue:494dc83cbc] Thanks, HMMWV and Woot …

Robomonkey, not included. :wink:[/quote]

[size=18:494dc83cbc]If you still want to get rid of it email me at jjharr@gmail.com[/size:494dc83cbc]

Does anyone know how Tivo works with Digital Cable? Can it record all 500 channels? Also, since the cable downloads the program information, does Tivo still need to be plugged into a phone jack, or can it just use the cable?

Thanks!!

[quote user=“littlebear”]Does anyone know how Tivo works with Digital Cable? Can it record all 500 channels? Also, since the cable downloads the program information, does Tivo still need to be plugged into a phone jack, or can it just use the cable?

Thanks!![/quote]You do need a phone jack, it won’t work without one. Once set up on the phone, you can get 3rd party (expensive) add-ons that allow it to be networked and get the data off the Internet, some even without paying Tivo.

It workes with any cable system using the cable box. A cable plugs into the back of the tivo and has an LED that you place in front of the cable box and Tivo changes the channels automaticly on the cable box. This gives you the ability to record every show you can get on your box, even PPV and movie channels.

See http://www.ptvupgrade.com/ for all kinds of exrta goodies. And no I don’t work for them, but I am a happy customer. I got my first 14hour tivo as soon as they were released, I now have 3 series 2s all networked and one HDTV DVR from the cable company. A DVR will change your life… when you go to a friends house who doesn’t have one, you’ll wonder how they tollerate TV. :slight_smile:

P.S. Tivo kicks the cable box PVRs to hell and back… just wish Tivo had an HD model for my cable system… when they do, I’m switching. Tivo has the best menu system around, best remote and the best image quality + youcan hack them pretty easily and add new features. With a series 2 Tivo, you can watch shows you record on any of yoru Tivos from any of your other Tivos, it’s like adding more total record time each time you add a series 2 to the network, plus eadch one allows more shows to be recorded at the same time. Plus, they just released the ability to watch Tivo recordings on your PC!!!

P.P.S. Tivo Service is $12.95 a month for the first unit and $6.95 a month for any additional units in your home.

BONUS!!! Want $5 for typing an email address? Send an email to FiveBucksForNothing@up1.com and ask for details! When you signup for tivo service, use me as your reference and I get Tivo points and I’ll pay you $5 via PayPal! Woot!!!

Or go on eBay and get paid $35+ for using someone else as a referrer. Seriously, don’t try to rip people off because they don’t know any better. You can also find very cheap, brand new 40hr tivos for FAR if you look hard enough and price match at big electronics stores. $70 for a refurbished 60 hr tivo is expensive, especially when its an old Series1 no less (no Home Media Option, No Tivo2Go aka TiVo recordings on your PC, no 7.1 software update, etc. etc.). :roll:

It will be wonderful if you can show the prices of woot products in the community page.

I agree with nosferatu that $70 is a lot for a refurbished 60-hour Series 1, unless you know of some hacking capabilities that I do not. I just purchased a brand new 80-hour Replay TV from Amazon for $94 after manufacturer’s rebate. (The $100 off rebate has been renewed for the spring.) Tivo has the brand recognition, but Replay TV has better home networking options, and subscription costs are the same for both.

demoflauchy & SoBad…been busy, just saw your responses. Neither of you have a post history, which concerns me a little. :idea: How would you suggest handling the transaction? Email me at gimmaroon@gmail.com and I’ll respond after digging out from under the snow drifts! :stuck_out_tongue: